2. Damon Salvatore

Chapter 2. Damon Salvatore

"Who's...who's Katherine?" I asked.

"You are." He said in a 'duhh' voice.

"No. No I'm not. I swear!"

He flashed me that killer curvy smile again. "Stop with the dumb act Katherine. Now, why don't you tell me how you're not in the tomb...or we'll go back to my house and have some fun with vervain."

"I'm not Katherine!" I screamed. "Wait...vervain?"

"Yes."

This shocked me. And I said the 4 words that sent shivers down my spine. "Are you a vampire?"

Yes I knew about vampires. The reason for this, is because my boyfriend's a werewolf, and he had told me about the vampires. Tyler Lockwood. 3 weeks ago I would have laughed at the idea, but after gathering all the evidence and getting Tyler to admit what he was - I could now believe in anything.

"Well duhh!" The man muttered. "You're the one that turned me!"

"How can I? I'm completely human!"

"Sure you are, Katherine." He snapped.

"I really am! My name is Nina Gilbert, I'm 15 years old, this is my boyfriend Tyler and you can even drink my blood to find out if I'm telling the truth. Just please leave me alone!"

"Nice cover up story." He grinned. "I like the name. Nina. Hmm...it's sexy."

"Please just let us go." I begged.

"Nina what's going on?" I heard Tyler call from my side. Once the man heard his voice though, his expression seemed to change.

"The kid back there. Does he mean a lot to you?"

"I'd die for him." I said bravely. Taking in my answer, the man's eyebrow raised and he was suddenly nowhere to be seen.

But then i heard a loud noise and I guessed that he had probably ripped the door off my car with his immortal strength.

"What the hell man?" Tyler called out but then went quiet just as quickly.

"What did you do?!" I yelled. The man made his way back to my side and then dumped Tyler's still body at my head. "Tyler ?! Is he ok?!"

"The little punk was annoying me." The man shrugged. "So, back to buisness. You're going to come with me or I'm going to peel the skin from this boy's fragile little face."

"Fine!" I yelled. "Fine, just please don't hurt him?!"

"I gotta say Katherine, you're really giving this act you're best, aren't you?" He said with a wink. He knealt back down to my side and then simply ripped the door from the vehicle. I flinched, my Mom was gonna kill me if this guy didn't.

"It's not an act." I muttered as he reached over to push my seatbelt away. Then, he locked his arms underneath mine and gently pulled me from the crash and leaning me up against the car.

"Can you walk?"

"Yeah. Just give me a minute, okay?"

"You're in no position to question me but fine." He agreed. "Now. I'm gonna take this little know-it-all back to my house and then I'll come back for you. I'll be 10 seconds, literally. So if you try anything stupid, then I'll snap his neck like a twig. You got that?"

"Yes."

And then with a wink, he was gone. So whilst waiting, I decided to count the seconds. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3,2 -

"Back with 1 second to spare." A voice came from beside me, causing me to jump. The man glared at me. "Hop on."

Not wanting to, I slowly made my way to his back and then watched as he slipped his hands underneath my legs - pulling me up onto his back. "Close your eyes if you don't like the idea of running at 100 mile per minute."

And with that, I shut my eyes. I literally felt like I was flying we were going that fast. I hid my face into the man's neck and gripped onto his shoulders tight as we raced through the darkness. All in all it was pretty terrifying. But suddenly we stopped.

"Okay you can open your eyes now."

I opened my eyes and saw something that I never expected to see. As the man put me down on the floor, I realized that I'd been in this place before. This was Zach Salvatore's living room. The Salvatore boarding house. My Mom was Zach's friend and he'd invited me here various times.

"Why are we here?" I demanded. "This isn't your house."

The man turned to face me and grinned. "You've been here before?"

"This is my...friends house. He's called Zach Salvatore." I said. 

The guy looked at me. "Ever met his nephew?"

"A few times. He's Stefan...right?"

"Are you gonna drop this act any time soon?" The man whined, giving me puppy dog eyes.

"It's not an act. Now who are you?"

"Fine." He muttered. "Let's  just assume for a second that you're not Katherine. Did you know that Stefan has a brother?"

I shook my head. "He's not mentioned anyone." This seemed to brighten the man's mood even more. He shot up to me and grabbed my hand, pulling it up to his face in his ice cold touch.

"Still assuming you're not Katherine, I'd like to formally introduce myself. I'm Damon Salvatore, Stefan's brother. It's an absolute pleasure to meet you Nina." He said and quickly kissed my hand. Stupidly, I blushed and once 'Damon' noticed this, he winked.

"Um...it would be nice to meet you too if you hadn't have crashed my car and knocked my boyfriend out. And, does this mean that Stefan's a vampire as well?"

"Yes Katherine. And you can cut the crap now." Damon sighed. "I'm gonna take you downstairs to my little...dungeon. And then you can answer some questions about how you're not in the tomb and most of all...what you really had planned in 1864."

"Huh?"

Damon kissed my hand again. "Let's go downstairs." And then he began to pull me through the room.

"Wait Damon!" I called. He stopped and faced me once again, his perfect beauty causing my heart to flutter. "How come Stefan never mentioned he had a brother?"

Damon was quiet for a few moments. "Because Katherine...you're love games destroyed us."

And with that, he dragged me down out the room.