24. Katherine...the crazy ex

I woke up lying on a bed, and to be honest, it was comfy. I didn't want to move. But once I realized how I got here and who had got me here, I shot up immediatley.

Katherine.

What did she want with me? Wasn't she supposed to be nice to her great great great great grandaughter? And also, how did she get out of the tomb?

"Want an explanation?"

"Gah!" I cried, tumbling off the bed. Annoyed, I pulled myself back to my feet and stood staring at Katherine who was wearing...my clothes? From my room? How the hell did she get in? "Stupid vampires."

"I agree with you there. We're very...manipulative aren't we?" She asked, smirking.

I shrugged. "I guess. Now what the hell am I doing here? And how did you get out of the tomb? And how and why are you in my clothes?"

"First." Katherine said, sitting down on the bed. "You're here because if I hand you over to Klaus, then he wont be so obsessed with killing me. Second, Klaus got a witch to break the spell. And about your clothes, I compelled a man and got him to get them for me. I need to pass for you so no one thinks I'm Katherine..."

"Oh..." I said, my voice high. "So Klaus is...here?"

SHe nodded. "In the other room. He's...feeding at the minute."

"Oh." I said once again. "What about Elijah? Is he here?"

"No, he doesn't know anything about this."

At least he was true to his word.

"Klaus is coming."

"Wait, what?" I demanded. Katherine simply shook her head and then darted off into the other room. Then suddenly, I was facing a man.

"Klaus."

He was...gorgeous? Handsome? Yes, both of them. His hair was a light but dark blond and he had a sort of piercing look in his eyes. He was wearing a pair of loose jeans and...that was it. So yes, his abs were showing off.

"Nina, it's nice to meet you." He smiled, holding out a hand. Nervously, I shook it and then shrank back down onto the bed. It just felt weird...being in the same room with the man that could possibly kill me.

"Can I go home?" I asked, I knew it was a long shot but still...maybe he was a nice man hiding behind a scary though good looking vampire.

Klaus sighed, then smirked. "Yes."

I shot up. "Um...what?"

"Well I'm not going to keep you here until the full moon. That would be rude of me."

"I'm sorry...I don't understand." I admitted. "Katherine brought me here-"

"Look Nina, I am not going to hold you here, okay? I just wanted to talk. And i knew that I couldn't just walk up to you and your friends and ask for a conversation. They'd try and kill me at first sight, wouldn't they?"

I shrugged. "Possibly. But you didn't need to get Katherine out of the tomb..."

"Of course I did." He said.

"But now she doesn't owe you anything. She can run off."

"That's not very likely."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Klaus wandered over to the bed and dropped down on it, patting the seat next to him so i budged up immediatley. He turned to face me, placed his hand over his knees and looked at me.