40. Missing Friends

40. Missing Friends

"So how are we going to kill Klaus?"

"Ugh, can't we just leave that for a bit?"  Damon groaned, taking my hand. "I wanna have fun for once."

"You always have fun." I muttered. "Besides, this is serious."

"Look, we'll start dealing with Klaus next week, ok? For the last 3 days of this week, I would like to have some fun with my girlfriend and her friends."

"Fine." I sighed. "What about, me you, Elena, Bonnie, Caroline-"

I stopped abruptly, shaking my head. Caroline couldn't come with us, neither could Tyler for that fact. They couldn't - because they were dead - because of a stupid man named Klaus.

"It's ok." Damon whispered, pulling me closer into his arms. I snuggled into his chest and closed my eyes, imagining what Caroline would say if she were here. Probably, something like 'You guys are like, the non gross version of Bella and Edward.'

And then I'd laugh, whilst Damon made a comment on how he was much more goodlooking than Edward Cullen. I giggled to mysekf in my head, it would have been the perfect scenario.

Damon kissed my cheek. "It's ok to miss your friends."

"I know." I murmured. "But, Caroline...she was so nice."

"And annoying."

"Hey!"

"What?" Damon smirked. "Just because she's in a better place now, doesn't mean that she's suddenly not an annoying, preppy little Barbie."

I laughed. "Well, I loved her."

"I love you."

"You've never been the sappy romantic type before." I pressed.

"Well, I'm going to be very romantic tonight and take you out."

"Oooh, where?" I grinned.

Damon scooped me up. "You'll see. Now go change into something nice and meet me in the car, ok?"

I raised an eye-brow. "Ok."

                                                                   ***Later***

20 minutes later, Damon had parked his car at the back of the Lockwood house. It felt weird, being parked here without being sat with Tyler, but I ignored it. Like Damon said, it was ok to miss friends.

Damon opened my car door, and I took his hand whilst stepping out.

"You look beautiful." He murmured into my ear.

I was wearing a thin strap, white dress that ended down at my knees. The upper half was designed to look like a corset, and my hair was loosely curled.

"Thankyou." I whispered. "So do you."

And he did. Well, he was Damon so of course he had to look beautiful. He was wearing a pair of loose black jeans along with a cotton white shirt. The first 3 buttons were undone - how like Damon.

Damon smirked. "Don't I always?"

"Don't ruin the moment!"

He pulled on a serious face. "Sorry. Come on."

"Where are we going?" I asked as Damon took my hand and began leading me around the house. We eventually got around to the Founders Court, and I smiled.

"The founders court?"

"Just go with it." Damon murmured as he pulled me over to the centre. He raised an eye-brow. "Go on Bonnie."