35. I'm not fat, I'm just comfort eating.

"Wait, run me through that again?"

I sighed at my Dad, who was knealing down at the edge of my bed, his dark brown hair in his eyes and a clueless expression plastered on. His hand rubbed on my shoulders in a comforting manner, but I was still mad at him for taking away my 4th tub of ice cream.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not fat. I'm just enterring the world of comfort eating.

"Well, on vacation with my friends I met this guy called Didi." I began for the millionth time. Oh, I made up fake names for Damon, Stefan, Elena and all the others. If you're smart, you'll know who I'm talking about. "And we got off to a rough start but after a while we were quite good friends. Well, apart from when he stole my clothes when I was in the shower...but you don't wanna hear that cause you're my Dad.

"Anyway. Didi's brother, Bunny-butt came to visit Didi with his girlfriend Elfy and I got friendly with them. And we were all having a really good time and Didi brought me tea for my birthday even though I don't drink it...and me, Didi, Bunny-butt and Elf all went out to the beach. I made Didi eat sand, then made him and Bunny-butt kiss and then I convinced the life guard that I was a strange Irish girl called Henrietta who had cheated on Didi with a girl...and then we went to a cafe to get potatoes. But they didn't have any...

"And then me and Didi started getting all lovey dovey and started confessing certain feelings for each other. But then his friend Ropacka came and they started kissing and blah, and I walked in on them having a nice time on the floor. And I got mad and we didn't speak for a bit. But then shit....I mean, stuff happened and me and Didi eventually got together.

"And then it was all good apart from some situation with my friend Tinkles and Coraline, but Didi made it all better. But then Bunny-butt kissed me, Didi got the wrong idea and we got in a big fight. Now he says he's sorry but he's not and Bunny-butts a freak and now I want my ice cream! And damn, you wont give it to me!"

I was now on the urge of tears, grumbling into my Dad's lap. He soothed my hair and pulled me into a hug, laughing softly.

"You're gonna break many hearts Nina. This Didi...and his brother..."

"Bunny-butt?"

"Yes...Bunny-butt. Well, they're just the start of it. There's a lot of heartbreak in the world, and you're not the 1st girl to go through it. You've just gotta depend on the ice cream, maybe some light exercise to burn it off...and everything will be alright."

I sighed, pulling away and back into my blankets. "I know. I'm a real player, aren't I Daddy?"

Dad chuckled. "A sarcastic one at that."

"Me? Sarcastic?" I gasped. "See? I can't even be sarcastic I'm so depressed."

"It'll get better. I promise."

"I know." I sighed. "Thanks Dad. I love you and Mom so much."

"I love you too honey."

Dad leaned forward, kissed my forehead and then switched off my lamp. He waved to me as he closed my bedroom door and then I burried my face in my pillow.

Argg I couldn't deal with this. I needed someone to cry into. Oh, Damon!

But then I realized. He's the reason I was even crying, so he couldn't comfort me about it. Just stay strong Nina, stay strong.

There was a tap at my window, and I pretty much jumped out of my bed. I sighed to myself, and though knowing I was being stupid, I still went over to my window and opened it wide.

I was amazingly surprised to see the one and only Katherine standing on the large branch, dressed all in black as usual.

"You're so cliche, you know?" I asked.

Katherine smirked. "How so?"

"You're dressed in all black...like most vampire characters."

"Ah." She nodded. "So are you going to invite me in?"

"No way in hell." I smiled.

"Come on, I'm your great great great grandmother. We're family."

"Since when are we the ones to play happy families?" I asked.

"Since now." She shrugged. "Now invite me in, beloved grandaughter."

And I wasn't sure why, maybe for the adrenaline or something...but I agreed.

"Come in."

Katherine smiled. "Thankyou."

Before I knew it, she was behind me, a gust of wind hitting my body as she appeared. I closed my window and then dropped back down on my bed where she also took a seat.

"I would have thought that Stefan would have killed your fiesty ass by now." I said, curling up in my blankets.

Katherine laughed. "He did."

"Funny." I frowned.

"No, I'm serious. He ripped my heart out."

"How are you alive then?"

"I've been around a while Nina." She replied. "I picked up on a few things."

"Oh." I said, not really bothered. "So what are you doing here?"

"Just coming to tell you something..."

"Tell me what?"

"Just something about your blood..."

"Stop playing games Katherine." I snapped. "I'm not Damon, I don't like to play. Either tell me, or don't."

"Fine, grumpy." She shrugged. "Your blood, it isn't human. I don't know what it is but it's sure as hell not human. In fact, even Elijah told me that he's never smelt anything like your blood since before Klaus was a vampire."

"What are you saying?" I demanded.

"I'm saying that maybe you should brush up on your family history...there's some things you should know about yourself."

"Important things?" I asked.

Katherine stood up, walked over to the window and shot me a playful look. "Why don't you find out for yourself, sweetie."

And then she was gone.

I closed my eyes, not wanting to think about what she'd just said. I'd care tomorrow. For now, I just wanted to sleep.

Right after some mort ice cream.