27. Miss Mystic Falls?

Damon came into my room about 3 o'clock in the morning, not suspecting anything and we got into the same position as most other nights. I fell asleep with his arms around me and my head against his chest, and woke up no different.

Things were all good until my phone rang.

"Screw that phone." I muttered. "Screw it, screw it, screw it, screw it, screw it, screw it-"

"Answer the damn phone, Nina." Damon said, his voice muffled and tired.

I shrugged and reached under my pillow.

"What?" I groaned.

"Someone's a little grumpy." Bonnie said, I could tell she was smirking. I closed my eyes and Damon pulled me in tighter.

"Bonnie, I love you but I am so unbelievabley tired. What's up?"

"Just saying that Elena just found out she's taking part in Miss Mystic Falls and we're picking out a dress today. I was hoping that maybe you could come with us? She'll need some sisterly support and advice."

"No." Damon whispered into my ear.

"I can't." I said, sighing. "Me and Elena aren't really getting on at the minute. I don't think she wants to see me, and to be honest, I don't want to see her."

"What happened between you guys?" Bonnie asked, showing concern.

"Don't tell her." Damon whispered yet again.

"I wasn't going to." I told him. "Bonnie, it's kind of personal and I don't want to make a deal out of it. Just give it a few days-"

"Months." Damon added.

"Shut up Damon." I muttered. "Just give it a few days and it'll all blow over. What's Miss Mystic Falls anyway?"

"It's pretty much a beauty pagent." She replied. "Caroline and Elena are enterring. I tried to convince them not to go along with it though..."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because the night of the pagent is the night of the full moon."

Of course. I slowly sat up, Damon sitting up with me and he kept his arms around my waist, pulling me closer so that I was sitting on his lap. He started running his hands through my hair and though I loved it, I wanted him to stop because he was distracting me.

"And don't they care about what's also happening that night?" I demanded. "I think being sacrificed is a lot more important than winning some stupid pagent."

"Well, they're not exactly involved in the sacrifice and it's a big deal for both of them. Elena's adoptive Mom was the one that signed her up, and as for Caroline, everyone in her family apart from her Mother has won it. It's like a sin for her not to win."

"Oh." I said. "But I thought that Klaus was planning on using Caroline as the vampire sacrifice?"

"Elijah changed his mind, remember?"

"Oh yeah. So what does that mean? They're going to be doing their makeup whilst we're all risking their lives?"

"Something like that." She sighed. "Anyways, I need to go. Do you want me to talk to Elena for you?"

"No." Me and Damon both said at the same time. "Just leave it, please?"

"Yeah, sure." Bonnie agreed. "I'll call you later."

"Ok, bye."

I hung up the phone and scooched down a little so that I could lay down on Damon's knees. He rested back against the bed board and continued stroking my hair.