20. John Gilbert

20. John Gilbert

"Damon, there's someone at the door." I muttered. Why did there have to be someone at the door? This moment had been so perfect. I'd spent the night in Damon's arms and we'd stayed up for hours. I finally drifted off against his chest, and now was waking up to someone annoying person knocking on the front door.

"Damon, go answer the door."

"Nina, shut up." He groaned.

"But there's someone at the door."

"Go answer it then. But come back quick, otherwise I'll get cold."

I rolled my eyes, pulled myself out of Damon's arms and then stood up. But that was where I was completely shocked.

"Damon!" I screamed.

I heard Damon chuckling behind me and I held in the urge to slap him. The reason for this, was because my shirt was off. Yes, I still had my bra on and the shorts I'd thrown on last night, but my top was gone. Damon was such a pervert.

"Give it back!" I ordered.

Damon shrugged. "Don't know where it is."

"But-"

"I ripped it off and threw it, my guess is that it probably went out the window." He said. I quickly ran over to the wide open window and then peered out. Yes. My top was outside on the floor.

"I can't answer the door in this." I sighed.

"Put my shirt on then." He said obviously. I nodded and picked up Damon's shirt from the floor, then threw it on. It was like a dress on me.

"I'll be right back." I promised. I jogged down the stairs and in hardly any time, I was opening the door. I ended up facing a man with a...rather large head and he was all dressed in black. What was it with people dressing in black? Vampireville was creepy.

"Um...hi." I said, forcing a smile.

"Hi Elena." The man smiled back.

I swear, if another man ever called me Elena....

"I'm not Elena." I explained. "I'm Nina, her sister."

The man suddenly became wide eyed and for a few seconds, he looked completely in shock. Why was he looking at me like that?

"Um...are you ok?" I asked.

"Yes, yes, I'm fine." He said, reajusting himself. "It's just...are you aware that you were adopted?"

"Yup. Why?"

"Nina, I'm your Father."

                                                      ***20 Minutes Later***

20 minutes later, me, Elena and Stefan were sitting downstairs in the living room with this man who claimed to be John Gilbert and my Father. I hadn't spoken to Damon, which was why this next bit was a little unexpected.

Damon suddenly appeared at the top of the stairs, in nothing but his black boxers.

"Nina, hurry up and get your skinny little ass back in bed." He lifted his head up and noticed John literally giving him the scariest evil eyed face ever. "Ah...who are you?"

"Nina's Father." He replied. "I'm fine with you getting back in bed but I'd like my daughter to stay down here, if you don't mind?"

"Actually, I'll stay down here...if you don't mind?" Damon asked, mimicking John. John shrugged and Damon wandered over to sit next to me on the couch.

"Are you 2 an item?"

Seriously? I don't see my real Dad my whole life and his 1st question is, are you going out with Damon? Pathetic.

"No. But does that even matter?" I demanded.

"What are you doing here John?" Elena muttered. Ooh, 1st name basis. They obviously didn't get on very well.

"I came to talk to you but then I found Nina." He explained, then looked at me. "It is so good to finally meet you. I understand that you might hate me...but me and your Mother had to give you and Elena up. It wasn't safe."

"Why wasn't it safe?" I asked.

"Because Klaus saw you both as babies...and you recognized the scent from you both. All of your DNA is identical to Katherine's. It didn't take a genius to figure out that one of you was going to end up as her doppleganger. We thought it was Elena so we gave her to Miranda Sommers for protection. But then when you reached 2 years old, we saw that you looked exactly like Elena did at that age. It was obvious that you would end up looking like Katherine as well. Me and your Mother wanted to protect you but it was too dangerous. Klaus knew us, it was too risky. I'm so sorry, but it was for your safety. Can you ever forgive me?"

"You're being overdramatic." I muttered. "What is there to forgive? You did nothing wrong. All you did was protect me and my sister. I should be thankful."

"No you shouldn't!" Damon snapped. "He left you, so he's a douche."

"Damon." I cautioned. "Wouldn't you do the same? If you knew that you'd see me again?"

"Well..."

"I agree with Damon." Elena said, to my unexpectations. "Family is supposed to stick together no matter what. You abandoned us because you were scared of dying, not because you were worried about your daughters."

"Elena!" I gasped. "I know that you love your adoptive parents, and I know that it's hard to put aside everything that they've done for you. But...John's our Father. You saif that family should stick together, so why can't you?"

"I'm sorry." She said. "I just don't think I can accept that yet."

With that, Elena stood up and started walking up the stairs. Stefan shrugged and gave a sympathetic look, then followed Elena off.

"So did you actually want anything?" Damon asked, raising an eye-brow.

"I wanted to speak with Elena about being careful. Elijah is here and-"

"We summoned him." I explained. "He's on our side. He's gonna help us kill Klaus."

"But how-"

"Don't ask questions. We've got it all covered. Why don't you go back under your shell now?" Damon smirked.

John rolled his eyes and stood up. "Is that a wolf bite? Pity."

"Actually, I'm going to live." Damon smiled. "Off you go now."

"Ask Elena for my number and call me if you need anything Nina." John told me. I nodded and then watched as he headed out of the door. I turned to Damon and smiled.

He grinned. "You're in my shirt."

"You're in my boxers."

"Touche."

"Ha. You feeling ok?" I asked. Damon rolled his eyes and faked a cough.

"No. I need a kiss."

"No. You need wolfs bane." I corrected. "Stefan said it was in the kitchen, go drink up."

Damon pouted but stood up. "I will if you will."

"Shut up Damon."

"Wait, I have 1 more question!" He cried.

"Shoot."

"When you need to drink vampire blood so you survive Klaus...will you drink my blood?"

Honestly, I wasn't shocked. So I frowned. "No. I don't want Damon cooties."

"Oh...okay."

"You're such an idiot. Of course I'll drink your...blood."

Damon grinned. "Thanks, I love you!"

And then he was off. Now, I know that Damon just said 'I love you.' But he said it in a friendly way. So why did I want it to be in a...more than friendly way? Oh right, yeah. Because I had an obsessive attraction to Damon. Just like he did for me.