49. screw alex, where's damon?

"Alex, can I talk to you?" I asked gently halfway through a game of Pictionary with the others. Caroline was drawing something that looked like a demented octupus with whiskers, and we'd all given up on guessing.

Alex pulled me up from the couch by my hand. "Yeah, sure."

Thankfully, I led Alex round to the front door and then quickly pulled it open. He shut it behind me, and then got rid of the distance between us.

His chin pressed to the tip of my forehead.

"What's up?"

"You."

Alex bent his head down and raised an eye-brow. "What?"

I slipped my hands out of his and glared.

"You think I'm stupid don't you?" I demanded. "Honestly, how long did you think it would be until I found out that you're not human? Huh?"

Alex sighed deeply, not even looking bothered. "I can explain."

He took a step forward, and I took a step back. "What are you?"

"A vampire."

I scoffed. "No you're not. If you where, then why can't Stefan or Caroline tell? Or Elena? Werewolves can pin down vampires in split seconds. Now tell me the truth, what are you?"

Alex frowned. "Can't tell you that."

"If you don't tell me then I swear to god, I'll-"

"You'll what?" Alex demanded, immediatley up against my body. I gasped and took a few steps back but only ended up being pressed against the wall. Alex put both of his hands on my shoulders and forced his eyes into mine.

"You'll kill me?"

I looked down. I couldn't kill him...he was strong.

"I'll tell you on one condition." He offered, voice trailing slightly.

"What?"

His lips bounced against my forehead. "Kiss me..."

I slapped his shoulder. "What? No!"

"Come on, Nina." He said, bringing his face down closer to mine. He wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me closer so that my chounce pressed against his. And his other hand lightly cupped my chin. "Kiss me...or kill me."

Now, I wasn't sure what drove me to do this. Maybe the spur of the moment type of thing. Or simply because I wanted answers.

Either way though, I pushed forward and my lips collided with Alex's.

His kiss was soft. I felt safe, secure, warm. It was all too beautiful. I felt as if nothing and nobody could ever hurt me again and felt as if I was just falling into nothing but a perfect-

What the hell Nina? He's manipulating you.

I immediatley pulled away from Alex.

"Now..." I said breathlessly. "What are you?"

"I told you, I'm a vampire." He repeated, trailing his finger down my cheeks. "Now tell me that you didn't enjoy that?"

"Well, what kind of vampire?" I asked. "Are California vampires different from ones from Virginia."

"I'm actually from Britain..." he said.

"So? I don't exactly give a damn about where you're from."

Alex chuckled. 

"What?" I snapped.

"Think about you're friend who's also from Britain. He's got a strong accent, is quite a demanding bastard and he likes to sacrifice-"