17. Full Moon

17. Full Moon

It was finally here. The night of the full mon. And in approximatley 3 minutes, lots of angry werewolves were going to turn.

Me, Bonnie and Elena were outside the boarding house, keeping watch. Jeremy was inside, spreading wolfsbane around the bathroom, (because that was where we hid the moonstone). Caroline, Stefan, and Damon were all inside.

The plan was, was that me, Elena and Bonnie stayed outside to keep watch. Once we saw, or heard the werewolves, me and Elena run in and tell the others. The vampires go outside, Bonnie says some kind of spell to keep the wolves away, and if it doesn't work, then they fight physically.

It was dangerous, but Stefan assured me it would be fine.

As for Damon, i hadn't spoken to him in a while. After his little breakdown, we just stopped talking. I hadn't spoken to Matt either, but that was because he was busy working. I hadn't told anyone about Matt though, especially Caroline. I was afraid of what they'd think of me. I wasn't normally that paranoid, but this time I was.

"They're here." Bonnie said, her eyes looking out into the woods.

"Where?" Me and Elena both asked at the same time.

"Hiding in the trees." She replied. "You two need to get inside now. Send the others out."

Me and ELena both nodded and then sprinted inside of the house. Damon, Caroline and Stefan came to their feet and wandered over to us.

"They're here?" Caroline asked.

I nodded. "In the trees."

Elena walked over to Stefan and rubbed his shoulder. "Promise me you'll be ok?" She whispered. Stefan gave her a wary smile and laughed.

"I'm always ok." He assured her. "We'll all be fine."

"You better be." I warned.

"Like you even care." Damon muttered under his breath. Instead of snapping back at him, I just pretended that I didn't hear. I didn't want another fight.

"So what exactly do me, Nina and Jeremy do?"  Elena asked.

"Go onto the upstairs hallway and hide in the cupboard." Stefan replied. "It's only small but it's probably the safest place."

"Ok." I nodded. "Stay safe guys."

Then, the 3 vampires darted out of the room and me and Elena rushed upstairs. Jeremy was just finishing putting wolfsbane in front of the cupboard door.

"Get in cousins." He smiled, opening the door for us. Me and Elena hurried inside the small, dark room and then Jeremy jumped in as well, shutting the door again.

It was hard to see anything so we all just huddled to the floor and sat tightly.

"Do you think they'll find us?" Elena asked.

"I dunno." I admitted. "But we have Jeremy, so if they come we can just throw him into them and make a run for it."

"Got it." Elena agreed.

"You guys are so nice." Jeremy muttered. I ruffled his hair and laughed a little.

"You know I'm joking."

We sat there for what seemed like forever. And eventually, we could hear Bonnie saying some kind of spell. I also heard growling, loud bangs and the sound of fighting. And even though I didn't want to, all that I could think about was Damon. Would he be ok? He was too much of an adrenaline junky for his own good. He'd probably get himself killed.