39. Hooked

39. Hooked

I spent the night at the boarding house, all of us had. Damon had asked me if I'd wanted to stay in his room, but I refused. I had to be strong, not vulnerable. Me and Damon weren't together, so I had to stop acting like we were.

Me, Bonnie and Elena had all dived on Elena's bed which was uncomfortable whilst sharing with 3. And Jeremy had slept in Stefan's room.

The night had been boring, and when I woke, Bonnie and Elena were still snoring wildly. I chuckled to myself and shot up out of bed. Turns out, being a half witch was kind of cool and kind of not. First off, no one knew what could trigger my powers. And 2nd, I could go back in time to 1864. Now, that was cool.

"Your up early." I said as I came into the kitchen. Damon was leaning over the table, head resting on his elbow and sat on a stool.

"As are you."

I nodded and then hopped up beside him. "Wanna make me breakfast?"

He raised an eye-brow. "And why would I do that?"

"Because I have a secret stash of gummy bears that you are dying to get hold of." I tempted.

Damon ruffled my hair. "I'm Damon Salvatore. The famous and very well know, bad boy Damon Salvatore. I don't make breakfast."

"I'm Damon Salvatore and I don't understand how to use a razor. Because if I did, then I would have gotten rid of the annoying cactus-like stubble on my ass chin."

Damon smirked. "Why Nina, did you just mimick me?"

I shook my head innocently. "Me? Damon Salvatore? Mimick someone? No, never."

He grinned. "Two can play that game."

"Give me your best."

Suddenly, Damon was skipping around the room, twirling his hair and giggling freakishly.

"Dear Diary, Love Sucks. Hot brothers making out turns me on and i like it when boys eat sand. It's just so yummy the way their tongue-"

"I'm amazingly old."

"I'm Nina! No, I'm Katherine! Ha ha, fooled you! I'm Elena! No, I'm Nina!"

I shot up out of my chair and jumped on Damons back. "I'm Nina and I like to eat Damon!" I screamed. Damon chuckled, grabbed my arms playfully and then pulled me down so that I was facing him. His arm wrapped around my waist, and I giggled.

"I'm Damon Salvatore." He murmured. "The famous and very known bad boy, Damon Salvatore. And I am completely and utterly in love with you Nina Gilbert."

For a moment, Damon's ice blue eyes had me in a trance.

And I wanted to kiss him - more than anything.

But I shook my head, and pulled out of his grasp.

"I love you too." I whispered. "But...we can't. You almost killed me...all because you got angry at the slightest thing."

"I thought that you were pulling a Katherine and seeing both brothers." He explained. "I'm sorry if my emotional trauma affected my anger issues. It's not an exuse."

"You have no idea how much I want to be with you, Damon."

I felt his arms around my waist, pulling me to his chest. "Nina. This is a stupid fight."

I let out a held breath. "I know."

His lips traced my ear. "I want to kiss you so bad at the moment."

I laughed nervously. "Then do it."

I could tell he was smiling before his arms spun me around to face him. I smiled as well as Damon placed a hand on my cheek and slowly leaned in, pressing his lips coolly to mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and pushed myself closer to him.

That was all that I wanted.

And I couldn't believe that I'd wasted my time at home when I could of been in Damon's arms.

Finally, I tilted my head back.

"I love you Nina Gilbert."

I smiled. "I love you Damon Salvatore."

                                                                        ***Later***

Me and Damon were curled up on the couch in a blanket. I wore his hoodie, and his arms were wrapped around me. None of the others seemed surprised that we were out of our fight mode. Apparently, we were hooked to each other.

"Knock knock."

"Holy crap!" Elena cried, falling back into Jeremy. We all looked up at Elijah who was standing near the window, smiling.

"That's not freaky at all." Bonnie muttered.

"Sorry." Elijah said. "But I believe that you would like to know what I've found out about the curse."

"Yeah?" Damon asked eagerly.

"Well, it turns out that Klaus will automatically turn on the full moon...but only after he kills Nina. When he's in transition, Bonnie will use her power to weaken him, then Damon...if you want, can stake him."

"Well he will have killed my girlfriend twice so I think that's appropriate." He shrugged, then looked at me. "You do realize this will probably mean-"

"That I'll turn into a vampire?" I guessed. "I know. But we have a chance at killing Klaus before he kills me, right? I mean, we have 2 months."

"It's possible." Elijah replied. "We'll just have to see what we can do. Now, I need to go. Klaus and Stefan are roaming around Italy, they've invited me to-"

"Stefan!" Elena cried. "How is he? Is he ok?"

"He's not the same." Elijah admitted. "But don't worry. He will be once he returns."

"Ok." She nodded.

"Well." Elijah said. "I have to go. Congratulations Damon and Nina."

"For what?" I asked.

He smirked. "I see you're back together, of course."

I blushed a bit. "Thanks."

WIthout anohter word, Elijah was gone.

Damon pulled me closer to him. "You remind me of my blood."

"Why?" I asked.

"You smell so good but I don't plan on drinking you."

"You think that you smell good?" Jeremy asked, raising his eyebrows.

Damon nodded. "I smell divine."

I scoffed, loudly. Damon grabbed my arms and twisted his body so that he was on top of me. He smirked, and then started tickling me insanely.

I freaked out.

My laugh was kind of demented. Sounded a bit like a crazed unicorn to be honest, with a hint of the exorcist girl, and a bit of the wicked witch of the west. I kicked at Damon, but he was a vampire, and I was too weak.

"Concussion!" I screamed. "I have a concussion! Get off!"

"Not until you admit that I smell nice." Damon smirked.

I kicked at him again. "Goldfish! Carrots! Get of MEEEEEEE! HEHEHEHEEEEEEEHEHEHEHE AHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA! YOU'RE...AHHHAAAAAAHAHAHA...UGLY!"

"Damon, you should totally stop." Jeremy said, looking a bit concerned.

Damon chuckled, stopped tickling me and then wrapped his arms around my waist. I slapped his chin, hard.

"I don't like being tickled." I hissed.

Damon laughed. "I don't like being called ugly."

"Tough."

"Then tough."

All in all, being back with Damon was just what I needed.