13. Killing Katherine

13. Katherine Pierce

About a half hour or so after Damon, Stefan and Rose left, they came back with an unconscious Mason over Damon's shoulders.

"You killed him already?" I asked, eyes widening. Damon shook his head and pulled out a chair before slamming Mason down on it. He grabbed some chains from a bag and began to wrap them round Mason's chest.

"He's unconscious." Damon explained. "He'll wake up in a few minutes or so."

"Hmm." I said, and watched as Elena walked over to Stefan. They slipped into each other's arms and Rose sat down on the couch next to me.

"Damon caught your eye?" She asked in a hushed tone.

I giggled a little but shook my head. "Nah, he's all yours." I lied. If she touched him again then she could burn in hell. Well, ok. Maybe that was a little harsh. Basically, I was upset that Damon had told me he liked me and then kissed Rose. It hurt my feelings. Hey, maybe Elena was right and Damon would hurt me. So as much as I hated it, I decided that I would play it low. If Damon didn't want to be with me, then I wouldn't force anything onto him. Hey, maybe I'd even play it at his own game.

"On the phone he told me that he's into some girl." Rose whispered, making sure Damon couldn't hear.

"Well, it's not me." I said, then raised my voice. "I couldn't care less about Damon. We're just friends."

"Not just friends." Damon shouted from where he chained Mason up. "We're partners in crime."

"Oh yeah." I remembered. "We're called Dinina."

"Yeah. And Dinina needs his Dinina partner to come help him out over here." Damon said. I looked up to him and saw that Mason was starting to wake up. So I nodded and then wandered over. Damon took my wrist, pulled me close to him and lowered his face to my ear.

"Think he'd believe you if you pretended to be Katherine?" He asked me. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Probably not considering he already knows me. He might believe if you pretended to be her though. I mean, come on. No boy can have such girlish feautures." I smiled.

"I am not girllish at the slightest!" He refused.

"Damon, you're not fooling anybody. You look like a girl. End of."

I heard Stefan and Rose laugh a little from behind me, and Damon faked a sarcatsic one before moving forwards. He took a plant of the table and I remembered Tyler telling me once that it was wolfsbane. It hurt the crap outta werewolves.

"Good afternoon sleepy head." Damon joked as Mason's eyes fluttered open. He looked around confused but then sighed.

"You want the moonstone?" He grumbled.

"Yes we do." Damon replied. "We also know that you have it."

Mason shook his head. "I did have it. But now I don't. It's gone."

"Did Katherine take it?" Stefan asked, coming forwards with Elena still in his grip. Mason stiffened and pursed his lips.

"Stefan Salvatore. Katherine spoke about you." He murmured. "She said that she still loves you."

"What?" Stefan and Damon both said at the same time. Mason chuckled before looking at Damon.

"She told me everything Damon. She told me what happened in 1864, what happened when she was running from Klaus. She even told me how she always loved Stefan more than she loved you."

"Shut your mouth, you mutt." Damon hissed, and then scraped the wolfsbane over Mason's cheek. Mason winced and let out a few deep breaths before laughing again.