Chapter Nine

Rumena' P.O.V

The moment I stepped into Inayah's home I knew something was wrong. There was sadness in her hazel eyes. When I asked her about Hamdan she seemed to go numb and when she replied that he was treating her right I saw a spark of dishonesty flash through the same sad eyes. I ignored it and asked her a few other questions unrelated to their relationship, I could see she was tensed up.

Matters didn't get any better when Hamdan phoned up informing me of a break-in his office. I just couldn't understand why his office and not anyone elses. However I then remembered the burnt photos that he told me about and the ransom note, but we didn't know anyone who was against us. In our family and friends we were all welcomed and greatly appreciated. Things were not right.

Hamdan's P.O.V.

"So we have checked your cabin and we've told you all the information you need to know." Said one of the policemen.

I nodded.

"So we shall take your leave and continue."

I shook hands with him, walked him to the front doors and waved him off.

Thoughts were still swimming around in my head as I walked towards my car. Why would someone break in? And most importantly what did he have against me?

My phone started to vibrate and I took it out of my pocket.

Inayah.

God damn! I rejected the call and began driving. Just as I passed the Tailor I noticed someone familiar.

I squinted my eyes to get a better look, slowing down my car. Amina? It was Amina?

No. It couldn't be. She was gone. I looked at my hands and immediately looked back to see if she was there, but there was nothing. Was I dreaming?

Just then I remembered my dream, shit! I hadn't taken any advice from the fortune teller, I drove towards his tent on Eastern street curious to know the meaning of my dream.

*************

"Hey Xavier." I greeted him as I entered taking off my shoes.

"Hi Hamdan." He replied with a warm smile across his face. "It's been a long time. What can I help you with?"

We had met each other at a local restaurant and that's where I had gotten to know him.

"Well, last night I had a peculiar dream and I was wondering whether you could translate it for me?" I asked, waiting patiently for the answer.

"Oh yes. I can help." He replied. "Come sit here and tell to me your dream."

I nodded, took my place beside him and explained my dream to him.

"This is a rare but miraculous dream. It means, you will have much happiness and joy in your life and your wife will be the cause of it."

I stared at him. What was he saying...?

"Are you sure Xavier. I'm pretty sure you're mistaken. My wife and I aren't at very good terms."

"I wouldn't lie Hamdan." And at that he shaked hands with me and went to see someone else, there was a whole queue waiting outside his tent.

I left the place overwhelmed, what if what the fortune teller  had said was true? Would I love Inayah the way I love Amina? No! It can't be!

Erasing the thoughts fom my head I called my company to ask if they had any recent news from the Police Investigation. The answer was a no so I headed home.

*************

I turned the keys in the lock and walked in. Everything was eerily quiet, I went to the bathroom and freshened up to find Inayah praying in the guest bedroom. She looked like she was in peace and serenity and I looked at her which somehow made me feel at peace too. I realised what I was thinking and rushed into my room. After changing into comfy trousers and shirt I lay on the bed thinking about what had happened today.

My life was like a story. Fantasy like miracles, losing dear ones, unusual incidents. Nothing made sense at the moment and then slowly thinking this I drifted off to sleep.

Inayah's P.O.V.

(Previously)
We broke apart from the hug and Rumena forced a smile. It wasn't fake but how could she easily smile when she knew her brother's life was at stake. I smiled back and squeezed her hands assuring that God would help us.

Standing up she gave me another quick hug, said bye and left.

I prayed extra for Hamdan's safety and that I could make a space in his heart.

Few hours passed and I remained praying. I realised I loved Hamdan, and I would pray for him all my life if I had to. Thinking this a smile spread across my face and I thanked God for giving me so many blessings.

Just then I heard the front door open and Hamdan breathing heavily. I continued praying as he walked past me but seemed to stand still beside me for a few minutes. Then he walked away just like the way he walked in.

Sleep seemed to overcome me so I stopped and went to change.

Minutes later I was in Hamdan's room watching him sleep but he didn't seem peaceful like usual people. His face looked upset, I wondered if it was because I had entered his life without his consent. I nudged him a little and he jumped up with a confused and scared look.

"What..what happened!?" He cried.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to ask whether I could stay in the guestroom. The floor is too cold."

"Why did u bloody wake me up for this!" He shouted. But he shrugged his eyebrows giving me permission to sleep there.

Thanking him I left the room and sprawled across the bed. I wasn't sleepy anymore and decided to read a book. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen seemed quite interesting so I bought it on iBooks. A love story, how relevant I thought. And I chuckled.

_______________________

Heeeey!!

This chapter isn't very interesting but I hope u enjoyed it .
Is Hamdan slowly falling for Inayah!? Comment what you think and remember:

Comment

Vote

Share

Love u all, Saima x