Chapter Fifty Three

Harris' P.O.V.

"Do you even know how to use a chopstick?" I laughed.

Samara and I were chilling out in my store as I taught her to use a chopstick. Apparently in America they went to a fancy restaurant and all they had were chopsticks and she ended up eating with her hands.

"This isn't even fun. How the hell are you meant to use these? Like, who even thought to make something like this." She moaned in frustration.

I snickered,

"Excuse me Miss but only gifted people are able to do such things"

"What you trying to say? That I'm not gifted."

I shrugged my shoulders and walked deeper into the store.

My business used to thrive here but now only the odd one or two pop in and buy something cheap. But I was just one person and it was enough to feed me and buy small luxuries from time to time.

"I did it!" I heard Samara's voice screaming from the counter spot where I had left her. As I approached her I saw her eating the sushi that I had left for her to test her 'chopstick' skills on.

"About time." I said tapping at my watch. "Time to close down now."

"Wanna come over?" She asked me as she walked out of the store waiting for me to close it down

"No, no I can't. Sorry." I said hastily, "Aunt wants me home."

"Oh okay, well when you're free pop by. I'll be home." She smiled and walked away.

I wished I could accompany her home but I had to be home. It was my aunts and uncle's anniversary and I had to buy everything and decorate the house for their guests.

I think if I had taken a job as a servant I would've been outstanding.

I shook my head and made my way to the party store just down a couple of streets. I had to buy different things every year whether it was the colour of the balloons or different styled buntings.

But the only positive thing was that they gave me the money to buy it.

"We don't want your cheap money buying our goods." My aunt had told me earlier this morning when she handed me an envelope of money.

"Here, take this and buy lilac coloured decorations."

I had shoved the envelope into my jeans pocket and shut the door behind me.

I walked towards the store and picked up a bunch of lilac coloured decorations and I turned around only to bump into someone. Samara. She beamed up at me and I smiled. 

"Well hello Harris!" she said.

"Hey Samara. What are you doing?" I ask.

"Nothing much.. I just came to the store for fun you know." She said sarcastically while shrugging her shoulders.

I gave her a fake smile.

"Haha(!) Very funny!" I said bluntly.

"Thanks. You don't need to tell me the facts I already know...tell me something I don't know," She grinned.

"You probably just followed me from the store." I raised an eyebrow.

"You're making me sound like a stalker." She chuckled and picked up a mini piñata and tossed it around in her hand observing the content. 

Realising that I had to get home soon, I grabbed the rest of the items and Samara walked down with me to the end of my street where I had asked her to leave. I told her that my aunt and uncle would get mad if they saw me with a girl, and that was true but they wouldn't have only been mad. They'd have probably locked me in my room for God knows how long.

I twisted the key in the lock and the door opened. I walked in to be greeted by  loads of candle lights illuminating the entire house. I never thought I'd say this but for the first time the house looked quite homely and peaceful. 

I spoke too soon.

"Oii you useless piece of shit. What took you so long?" My uncle barged in and grabbed the bags from my hands. "You're not invited so you can make yourself comfortable in your room and don't you dare come out when the guests arrive."

I nodded like an obedient dog and trailed to my bedroom.

I really had to stand up for myself but when the time came to actually say something I always ended up backing out.

My thoughts somehow wandered to Samara. What was she doing now?

I took the phone out of my pocket and dialled her number. After a couple of rings she answered.

"Hey loserrr!" She shouted.

"What a nice way to greet your friend." I replied sarcastically.

"Lol, what's up? I'm guessing you're bored already hence the phone call?"

"Yeah to be honest, I got nothing to do."I said truthfully.

"Wanna go out for dinner?" She asked.

"Uhhh and your parents?" 

"They won't mind, don't worry." Samara assured me.

"Sure then, where do you want to eat?"

"Ummm the classic, Mcdonalds?" 

"Can't reject Mcdonalds can I?" I chuckled.

"Meet you there at 9" She laughed and the cut the line.

I took a deep breath. What should I wear?

I opened my closet door and looked at my options.

A grey hoodie, black jeans and my new Nike shoes.

Casual.

Downstairs I heard the door being knocked and seconds later voices echoed around the house. The anniversary party had begun.

Time to sneak out through the window again I guess.

___________________________

Omd nearly 4 months!!!

So sorry guys, I've been very busy and holidays had begun, but I'm hoping from now on I'll be more consistent and updating more often.

A Samara and Harris chapter😋

BTW THANK YOU FOR 166K.
I LOVE YOU GUYS❤

Saima xx