Chapter Eighteen

Inayah's P.O.V.

(Previously)
"I thought we were friends..!" I managed to stammer.

"We are. And we could be more."

I couldn't move any further back and I was leaning against the wall. I pinched myself hoping this was a nightmare but I was still in the same world.

Just then Aaron flinched and collapsed to the ground. Behind him was Hamdan! My heart was beating even faster and I was beginning to feel more relieved. My husband would save me!

I ran to him and hugged him with all my might. He held me there and I felt protected. I smiled mentally.

He pushed me away as Aaron stood up and flung his arms at Hamdan. Luckily it missed him by inches and I ran to call the police.

********

Aaron was taken to the police station for further inquiries. I had to go the next day to make a statement in the court.

After all the chaos Hamdan and I came home exhausted. We were asked a million questions and we seriously needed to get some sleep.

As I was about to enter the bathroom Hamdan grabbed my hand  I could feel my heart beating faster and I gulped.

"Are you okay now?" He asked me.

"..yes..yes I'm fine thanks." I replied hastily and attempted to release his grip on me.

He just smiled and let me go.

Closing the door behind me I looked at Hamdan again who was still smiling but at the floor now. I grinned, we were finally getting used to eachother.

I cooked dinner and he ate it without any complaints. He seemed to be enjoying it until he received a phone call from his workplace.

"Hello, yes it's Hamdan Kuraish speaking."

After a minute a shocked and angry expression rose on his face, he immediately left the table and went to the bedroom slamming the door shut.

I quickly finished my dinner and went to the room. I slightly opened it and saw him looking out of the window with sadness in his eyes. I carefully walked in and stood behind him.

"What happened?" I asked bravely.

"Nothing. Just nothing." He replied with no emotion.

"C'mon, I'm your wife for a reason. You can atleast share this matter with me."

He sighed and turned towards me.

"The police have found out who raided my cabin and the reason behind it..."

I gasped. Relieved and angry at the same time that the culprit was caught but not being able to understand why they would do such a thing.

After a short pause he continued again to speak.

"It was him."

______________________
Wow it's been more than a month since my last update but I've never had the time to write a long chapter.

There's not much happening here but the exciting parts will soon come!

This is a short chapter especially given the fact I had a whole month to write but plz forgive me.. hope u like this chapter xx

Comment

Vote

Share