Chapter Forty Five

Rumena's P.O.V.

How did I not know?!

My heart was racing at the news and I couldn't calm myself. Was I really pregnant??

Tauhid looked at me and gave me a warm smile.

"You're going to be a mother Rumena! And I'm going to be a father!" He rejoiced.

We both laughed; happiness was finally here.

*******

Samara's P.O.V.

My only destination was home.

I found a row of markets nearby and a kind man offered me some shelter and food.

I asked him if I could call someone on his phone and he gave it to me without asking further questions.

I dialled Inayah's number and I could hear the "ring ring" of the call being forwarded.

"Hello? Who is this?" A voice said from the other side.

A tear rolled down my cheek as Inayah's voice rang in my head.

"I..n...ayah.." I managed to splutter.

"I can't hear. Who is this?" She replied.

"INAYAHHH" I screamed as loud as I could with tears now pouring out of my eyes.

There was silence at the other end.

"Are you there?" I asked crying.

"Samara...is that you?"

"Yes yes it's me!"

"OMG where are you? How are you? Are you okay? Why-"

I interrupted her and told her to calm down.

"I'm fine sis. Don't worry. Please just pick me up."

"Yeah yes definitely! Where are youuu!?"

"I don't really know to be honest. Wait a sec... Oh yes, some place called Kingsley street."

"I'm sending Hamdan right away!"

"I missed you Inayah" I cried louder.

"I missed you even more Samara!!!"

"I have to go now, I borrowed this phone from a really sweet guy who's helped me. Please just quickly get me!"

And I cut the line.

I was so grateful to the man and I seriously owed him.

"Thank you sooooo muchh!! I really don't know what I would've done without your help. But I still don't know your name"

The guy was a little taller than me, looked like he was in his early twenties - a little older than me. His hair was ash brown and his eyes were a light brown. They sparkled as he said,

"Haha my name is Harris. It was no problem. Glad to help you and happy you're gonna be back with your family now."

I nodded and looked out on the road to see if there was anyone waiting for me.

A white Mercedes rolled up and slowly drove up the street. If I remembered correctly then it must be Tauhid's car.

I jumped up and waved vigourously.

I ran up to the car and flung open the front door!

"Samaraaaa!" shouted Tauhid.

He leapt out of his car and gave me a big hug.

The other doors opened too and out came: Inayah, Hamdan and both the dads.

"Oh my God! You're all here." And I dropped to the floor in tears.

They all came running up  and hugged the life out of me. There were tears of happiness everywhere and from the corner of my eye I could see the guy who helped me slowly walk towards us.

I broke away from my family and introduced them to Harris.

I told them the whole story about when he approached me and aided me.

Everyone thanked him sincerely and he was invited for dinner the next night.

"I'll try my best brother." He said to Hamdan and they both gave a man hug.

"No no, I'm coming to pick you up tomorrow at half 7 infront of your shop. I better see you ready." And we all jumped in the car.

He waved us off as Inayah rested my head on her shoulders.

"I hate you so much Samara, you don't even know how scared and worried we were." She said hurt.

I didn't reply but held her hand tightening my grip.

"Finally...things are becoming easier now. Can't wait till your mum sees you" chuckled Dad looking at me.

I smiled back and then turned to look at the window.

My thoughts changed.

Back to what had happened.

Amina...
_________________________

One more!

Short but idc.

It was kind of a big twist so I guess it's alright being short😅

Hope you liked the chapter

Comment

Vote

Share