Chapter Thirty

Inayah's P.O.V.

I coughed blood.

I had to hide it because I didn't want this to interfere in our relationship. But this morning Hamdan noticed some streaks of red, which I had accidently not cleaned, so I told him the truth. He reassured me and we made a doctors appointment. She was a nice lady and told me that I had to be taken to hospital as her equipment wasn't able  to clearly detect what had exactly happened.

To take my mind off things Hamdan took me to a lush buffet and we ate until we came to the point where we couldn't even move. The only thing which shook my mind was two suspicious looking people who came out of a mat black van.

Just like Hamdan, I ignored it too and we finished our food and left for home.

As soon as we reached there he rang the hospital and booked an emergency appointment. Once again we went back into the car and drove to the hospital. I hated going there, the disinfectant smell made me want to puke and everywhere there was sick people. Obviously.

We walked into the A&E and we were immediately ushered into an airy and bright room. The nurse who brought us here introduced the Doctor as Dr. Alistair Jacob.

There was no further talk (just like Dr Smith) and massive robot-like machines invaded my space and began lasering my body. Every few seconds it would beep and a scanning would appear on the Doctor's PC. I couldn't quite make out what the information read but I was praying that there was nothing serious. An hour passed and finally the machines were pulled back into their own corner and I was set free. I looked at Hamdan who was holding my jacket and he smiled at me and nodded.

Dr. Jacob turned away from his screen and looked at us with a quivering smirk-looking smile. I awkwardly reciprocated and suddenly the nearby printer burst into life and several sheets of papers were printed.

He took them in his hands and organised them neatly. Pulling out his pen from his front shirt pocket the Doctor signed the papers and handed it to me to read. Just as I was about to read it Hamdan snatched it off me and began scanning the pages.

I peered over to look too and saw what was written.

"Mrs Kuraish's operation went smoothly but after the recent examinations it's been noticed that not all the bacteria have been removed. If this is not taken into any action then conditions could become fatal and even cause death."

At the word "death" I shivered and removed my stare from the paper. I looked at Hamdan and tightly hugged his arm wishing that I was normal. In response he wrapped one of his arms around my waist and handed the papers back to the Doctor.

"So if you read it properly then you must know what to do now sir. I have done my duty and if you would like further treatment then please sign this paper and I will send it to the Head Department and they will prescribe you medicines and advice." Alistair Jacob said casually. It's not surprising he was so calm as he had many other experiences with more severe cases.

Hamdan's P.O.V.

I signed the paper and thanked him. We both left the hospital and decided to go to my in-law's home, their driveway was unusually occupied by a car. I couldn't recognise who it belonged to so we went up to the front door and rang the doorbell.

Inayah's mum answered it and she welcomed us with a big hug and invited us in to the dining table where there were already guests seated.

"Inayah, Hamdan this is Samara's future in-laws." She said bluntly, she forced a smile and quickly pushed us into the other room.

"Samara isn't ready to listen to us, we can't do anything. We can't break the alliance or Samara has sworn that she would harm herself." She told us.

We both looked at eachother and sighed. Why was Samara being so stubborn?

"Well as long as they don't get married-" Inayah began.

"No no they can't get married!" Mother-in-law interrupted.

The three of us went back into the room and we greeted them politely. Inayah started a conversation with Aaron's sister Jasmine. They were laughing and talking about make-up and clothes. Typical girls.

I realised Inayah was quite good at concealing her emotions when necessary and I tried to do the same. Mother-in-law called me from the kitchen and told me to serve the snacks to them. They dug their hands in and offered us to take one. We gratefully took a peck and ate in silence.

______________________

Wow this is the quickest update and it's 848 words long including the AN lmfao, it's not the longest but it's not the shortest either! 

I can't believe I've reached 41k readers and I'm sooooooo happpyyyyy!!

Anywayss how was this chapter? Do you like the drama? xD

(FYI: THE FIRST 5 COMMENTS ON THIS CHAPTER WILL GET A FREE SHOUTOUT ON THE UPCOMING CHAPTER!!)

Comment

Vote

Share