Chapter Thirty Eight

Samara's P.O.V.

I began to shuffle my chair and in no time I was directly opposite the glass. With all my strength I made contact with the glass with both my feet and tried pulling it up to be able to reach it with my hand. I couldn't bend my back and I failed to grab the glass.

I cursed to myself and just prayed that God would do something miraculous to save me.

I had no tears to shed. My body felt dried up and I was craving water.

Some of the ropes suddenly snapped but I only budged a few millimetres.

Yes... Nearly there!

My fingers were so close to the glass. I twisted and turned and finally reached it.

Cutting myself free I didn't hesitate to escape.

I looked down at my hands and saw red liquid oozing out. I jumped back and accidentally knocked into a couple of the surrounding boxes. The minute they hit the floor a river of identical objects came spilling out.

Guns.

I knew what I had to do.

I grabbed one and searched for an exit.

I kept walking into dead ends but eventually I found my way out. I wasn't able to recognise the neighbourhood and my heart started beating rapidly. What if I couldn't find my way home?

I decided to play safe and walk down the road so I could make my way back just in case.

As I looked down at the second street I saw a couple of people walking towards my direction. I squinted my eyes to see who they were and I focused my eyes on the person at the front.

I recognised the face immediately and hatred began boiling in my blood. I raised the gun at my target and BANG.

A bullet escaped the pistol and hit the figure. I watched as the body slowly collapsed to the floor, I dropped the gun in shock and stared.

I gulped, what had I done?

I stared and stared too scared to move.

Nothing was moving.

Nothing...Except from my heart which was in pumping in my throat.

I turned my head round.

I ran for my life not daring to look back.

Hamdan's P.O.V.

The gunshot blasted off.

Amina fell on the floor in a crumpled heap.

I had no emotions for her but she was still a human and I had to be responsible right now.

I immediately dialled 999.

"Hello?"

"Hello who would you like to speak to? Press 1 for the fire engine, 2 for the police and 3 for the ambulance."

I tapped number 3 and a woman answered. I was asked for the address of the scene, and extra information about what had just happened.

Within 2 minutes an ambulance came rushing in and hurried to the patient. An oxygen mask was tied to her face and a stretcher came to take her into the ambulance.

A police car also rolled in as it was more or less of a crime scene.

We explained to them what happened and they recorded the information on a radio attached to their uniforms.

"Did you see the person who shot her?" Asked the police officer.

"No, we didn't even know where the bullet came from."

The officer nodded and said he would go back to the station and further investigation will continue from there.

Tauhid and I called the family and told them what had happened. They prayed Amina was alright but I could sense from their voices that they weren't too interested. Amina had hurt us alot, it was hard to feel sympathetic towards her.

We navigated our way back to the car and just sat there quietly re-thinking over everything that just occurred. We couldn't even find Samara - the only reason why we were here in the first place.

"Damn it! Amina just got bloody shot out of nowhere and we couldn't even rescue Samara." I shouted.

"Calm down Hamdan. Nothing will get better if you get angry now. Just think with a cool mind."

I nodded and began to breath more steadily. He patted me on the back, I revved up the engines and drove to the hospital.

Aaron's P.O.V.

I left Samara in the warehouse and went to finish my next task.

"Poor girl, going to die without even seeing the real world." I chuckled to myself. I really was a mean ass I thought to myself and chuckled again.

I jumped into my car and drove to the nearest charity store.

I wasn't getting any expensive clothes for this valueless job. Working with cheap people so I can't waste my wealth over them.

If anyone trusted me then they were making the worst mistake of their life. Even Adam and Amina, I don't even know why the rascal Adam joined us. I couldn't be bothered to listen to his past story with Hamdan.

I'm a one man army.

_______________________________________

Ughhhhhhhhhhh after 100 years!!

Chapter's so frickin short aswell!! I'm sorry people don't hate me.

Lately my family and I have been going through a rough patch and we're also planning to go on holiday next week so there's a lotta work going on and I'm quite busy these days!

Anywayssss hope you enjoyed. Don't forget to,

Comment

Vote

Share

Saima xx