Chapter Fifty Seven

Inayah's P.O.V.

"Hamdan promised that he'll let me stay the night. So none of you lot can kick me out." Samara claimed and looked at us sternly.

"No one's gonna dare to even come near you." Hamdan rebuked pretending to be scared of her.

She rolled her eyes and kissed her teeth.

"I swear to God, they're still kids." Rumena muttered.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Time for you to get discharged." Samara said.

"Yeah, I wish." I replied sighing.

Hamdan looked at me and forced a smiled. I could tell he didn't enjoy the atmosphere of the hospital. I mean, who does?

His phone rung and he left the room to answer the call.

The girls quickly gathered around me and we began whispering.

"He has no clue. He'll be so surprised, can't wait till tonight!" Rumena squealed.

"I knoooowww."

Suddenly the door opened and Hamdan walked in.

"I'm hungry, who's up for some food."

"Pretty much all of us." Rumena said. "Order something and we'll all eat here together."

"Good idea." And he brought out his phone and called a local takeaway.

"4 steak burger meals with 2 fantas and 2 diet cokes."

That was our usual order.

*******
Hamdan's P.O.V.

"Samara, you sure you want to stay the night?" I asked her just as I was about to leave.

"100% sure." She confirmed.

Visiting times were over and Rumena and I were heading out.

"Alright then. Take care of yourself and look after Inayah too."

She nodded.

"Stay at our place today." Rumena said as we left the hospital.

"Nah, I'll just go home."

"I never asked. I said you're staying so you're staying." She firmly replied.

"Uh why do I -"

"Shut up Hamdan. What's wrong with staying at my house?" Rumena interrupted.

"Nothing."

"So then what's the problem?"

"Nothing."

She raised her eyebrows but didn't say anything.

We jumped into our own cars and I followed her until we reached her driveway.

Tauhid was already waiting at the door holding Aidan in his arms.

"Ayy my little man!" I took Aidan in my arms. "How you doin'?"

He just gurgled and squirmed around.

I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"It's so cold. Let's go inside." Rumena shivered behind me.

We all walked in and sat around the dining table.

"I feel like going out for a stroll in the park." Tauhid said winking at Rumena.

"Umm..why that wink?"

The couple looked confused as if they've never heard of a wink and shrugged their shoulders. 

Weird ass people.

"Anyways, I think Tauhid's right. We should go out, Aidan can get some fresh air too."

"I thought you just said it was cold outside." I replied.

"Yeah well there's something called a coat." 

They both got up to put their coats and shoes on and dressed Aidan too.

I sighed and followed.

The night sky was deep in colour and there were millions of stars decorating it.

We made our way towards the park when I saw an eery light coming from near the swings.

"I think someone else is here too." Tauhid said looking ahead too.

"Yeah, probably. I don't think we should go near it, looks a bit dodgy to me." I said sensibly.

"Don't be dumb. Is it dodgy that we're out here? No. So why you scared that other people are here?"

"I'm not though." I glared at her.

"Well let's keep walking then."

We continued walking till we were meters away from the light. I couldn't make out any figure and wondered if anyone was even there. That's when - 

"SURPRISE!" Voices shouted.

I jumped and nearly fled but I recognised some faces.

"Samara? Inayah?" I asked confused, "What the hell are you doing here?"

Rumena and Tauhid were beaming and trying to stifle their laughs from my awkward frightened jump. So they knew all along..

"I've been discharged." Inayah said calmly noticing my tense figure.

"And you wanted to surprise me as I can see."

She nodded her head and smiled.

"Aren't you happy? You don't have to go hospital anymore, I could tell you didn't like staying there."

"Well yeah, I'm happy but not just cause of that. You're back and healthy. That's what really matters." He said looking into my eyes and smiling.

We stood there for a full minute staring at each other.

"AWKWARD." Samara shouted breaking the atmosphere.

She grabbed us both and Rumena and Tauhid came closer.

Group huggg.

__________________________________

OMD 3 MONTHS!

WHAT AM I DOING WITH LIFE.

Sorry guys but as before, I'm extremely busy and now I have mock exams. Pray for me!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter though .

Saima xx