Chapter Twenty Seven

Hamdan's P.O.V.

Tomorrow Inayah was being discharged from hospital. We all began to decorate our apartment to welcome her and ordered a massive cake. I invited close family amd friends including her family and everyone decided to sleep the night here.

I wanted to start afresh with Inayah. Just as friends. I was being too harsh on her.

**********

5am. Sleepless night.

I had a tingling sensation that something bad was about to happen in these few coming days. I just prayed nothing would happen to us. I prayed and prayed all morning until my eyes started to close and it was about 9am.

**********
Something wet dripped on my face. I pulled open my eyes and saw Rumena sitting on the bed beside me with a half empty bottle of water. I immediately realised what she had done. I jumped up and put her in a headlock and she started to shriek in laughter. It was so funny.

"Whyy did you do that for Rumena!?" I screamed at her.

She continued to shriek and I gave up and walked into the bathroom to freshen up. I could her hear still laughing in the room, she's so childish sometimes and I grinned.

After changing I made my way downstairs and everybody was sat at the dining table waiting for me. I greeted them and sat at an empty chair. Yum! Pancakes and waffles for breakfast.

"I guess this food is in celebration of Inayah coming home." I scoffed pretending to be jealous.

"Exactly right!" Mum laughed.

I didn't reply and consumed the mouth-watering food. I took a month leave off work and my Boss agreed understanding my situation.

We all left for the hospital to collect Inayah and I had to finish the paperwork for her discharge consent.

*********
"It's time to go home Inayah!" Mum had hugged her and I grinned. I could see Inayah was very happy, I bet it was horrible staying in the hospital for these few days. Sleeping all alone with ill people everywhere.

My wife was still a little weak so she had to have support to walk to the car.

She was smiling through the whole journey and in my head I was trying to keep shut about the surprise that we had in store for her at home. Her family, and the guests were all in our apartment waiting eagerly for her return.

Finally after parking we walked towards our front door and I felt so excited as if I was the one who was meant to be surprised.

The door was opened by someone from inside and the room was dark. Inayah looked confused and I gestured her to step inside. She stepped in and all the lights went on. Balloons and streamers were hung everywhere, a big vanilla cake was in the middle of the room and a banner was hung across with a message saying 'Welcome Home!'

Inayah started to tear up and I put my fingers under her chin and made her look at me.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"It's amazing..." She breathed.

I smiled and held her by the waist and walked in to the living room.

Everyone came and hugged her, she was laughing and enjoying the atmosphere and that's when Mum and mother-in-law shouted from the kitchen that food was ready!

We all crowded into the kitchen like little children and took all the delicious food which was prepared.

Kebabs,samosas,chicken tikka and so much more. Asian food was lush!!

We took our plates and stuffed it with all the food. Inayah looked so greedy with all the food jammed on her plate. She looked at me and stuck out her tongue and we both burst out laughing.

I did the right decision by starting afresh I thought to myself.

We all sat around together, some sat on the floor and the elders sat on the tables.

It was a good day.

______________________________
I'm extremely sorry for the long wait and short chapter (I know I say this all the time but I can't help it!!)

I haven't been in the mood to write to be honest as I've just caught the flu. But I had to update as I didn't want you all to be kept waiting😖

Anyways hope you enjoyed the chapter

Comment

Vote

Share