Chapter Forty Two

Samara's P.O.V.

I shot her.

I was a criminal.

Am I going to get arrested?

This question was circling round my head like black crows.

I ran and I kept on running until I thought my lungs were going to burst. I didn't know why I did it. My anger got the better of me.

I wanted to forget it but it was the only thing I could think about.

I collapsed onto the hard concrete ground and tried to catch my breath.

I needed to get back home I thought to myself, but as I looked around I realised nothing was familiar. Where was I?

I didn't know where I was or where I should go. I was lost. Inayah's probably worried about me. Everyone was probably worried about me.

But I was a murderer. After they know what I did they won't want to see my face again.

What has my life come to?

But I need to try. I need to get back home. I shouldn't worry about anything.

I felt like I did something unforgiveable. But if they knew what Amina had done to me maybe they could forgive me?

I slowly got back to my feet and began wandering around trying to familiarise myself with the area.

Inayah's P.O.V

What happened to me last night?

The lady asked me questions but Hamdan replied for me. I sat there listening intently to every detail trying to remember the incident yesterday.

I dreamt of someone getting shot and Samara was part of it...

Was Samara...

No it can't be-

"Inayah? We're leaving," Hamdan interrupted me from my thoughts and I smiled at him.

I thanked the lady gratefully and we left the room. In the car we talked about random things like nothing ever happened.

As soon as we arrived home, mum, dad and Tauhid opened the door.

Mum eyes were bloodshot and she was rubbing her eyes as if she was crying but when I asked her she said she was fine.

They all whispered among themselves each one looking at me every minute.

I tried listening but it was useless so I went into the kitchen to make us all some tea. Just by saying it, it made my mouth water.

I brought the cups on a tray and served everyone with biscuits and cookies.

We sat down and turned the TV on. Dad was staring at me and when he realised I was looking at him he turned back to the TV.

What happened and what was wrong with me?

I wanted to know and I was going to know.

Hamdan stood up, put his cup down on the table and walked into our room. I followed him and locked the door behind us.

He turned around, surprised at my presence.

"Why is everyone acting so weird around me?" I asked.

Hamdan stared at me for a minute as if he was preventing himself from saying something.

"Uh I don't know. You're probably thinking too much. Get some rest eh?" And he jumped into the bathroom.

This was strange. Even Hamdan was acting weird.

I needed to get to the bottom of this.

They knew things which I didn't. 

I went back into the room and searched for Rumena. I couldn't see her but I heard clanking of cups in the kitchen and assumed she was there. As I walked past everyone I noticed, from the corner of my eye, that everyone was looking at me. I ignored them and called Rumena as I entered the kitchen.

"Rumena-"

Rumena spun around so fast with her eyes wide open and gulped.

"Hey..hey Inayah." She stuttered.

"Umm what were you doing?" I asked curious.

"Nothing, nothing at all."

Her hands were behind her back and I stepped forward and tried to peak behind.

"What are you hiding?" I asked more sternly.

Rumena stared at me and suddenly someone touched my shoulders.

I turned around to see Mum.

I smiled at her and she smiled back.

"What's going on?" She asked Rumena.

"Uh nothing Aunty. Inayah thinks I'm hiding something." And she chuckled.

Mum gestured Rumena to leave and she ran out of the kitchen.

"Why did you tell her to go. She was hiding something." I said confused.

"Gosh child. You're impossible. It isn't your business." She laughed and play hit me on my back.

Huh? Everyone's gone mental.

----------------------------------------
Another chapter!!!!!

Do you like it?

What is everyone hiding?

Will Samara find home?

Guys don't forget to vote!! I'll appreciate it soooo much x

Love you all ❤

Comment

Vote

Share

Saima 💘