Chapter Thirteen

Rumena's P.O.V

I had lashed out last night with Hamdan and I truly regretted it. He wasn't answering my calls or texts and I felt like the worst sister anyone could have.

After I woke up in the morning I made my way to the hospital to see Inayah.

"Hello Doctor. Is Inayah alright now??" I asked the Doctor when I reached her ward.

"Yes yes she is awake right now if you want to see her." and he opened the door for me to enter.

I walked in and shut the door, her eyes stared back at mine and she looked so weak. Poor girl.

"Assalamualaikum Rumena affa." She managed to croak.

I hurriedly hushed her and told her not to speak, she was putting too much strain on herself.

"Inayah, I truly want to cry. I can't see you in this state and I'm sorry if Hamdan was the cause of this."

Inayah started to shake her head vigorously.

"So Hamdan didn't do anything?" I asked with doubt in my voice. "Are you backing up for him again Inayah??"

She nodded her head telling me that her husband had done nothing and she wasn't lying. I squeezed her hand and smiled at her and she was just able to reciprocate but she couldn't open her mouth wide enough.

Suddenly she started to breath hard and was clasping onto the bed rails and huffing like she was about to take her last breath. The heartbeat monitor was unstable and I panicked. I ran outside amd shouted for a doctor and a whole crew rushed in treating her. I was crying in the corner of the room not taking my eyes off her and finally everything went silent. All the doctors turned towards me and nodded that her breathing and heartbeat was stable again

"Subhan Allah!" I shouted out and another Doctor who I assumed was also Muslim said "Alhamdulillah."

I smiled at her and they all left except for one nurse who would stay a little longer just to make sure she was okay. I kissed Inayah on the forehead and recited a few surats to protect her from all evil and pain. I blew over her face and asked the nurse when she would be discharged.

"Ma'am. I'm not quite sure, she is recovering but not very fast and it may take more than a couple of days until the doctors are sure she won't have anymore fatal attacks at home."

I nodded and she left the room leaving me alone with the poor girl.

Her eyes were closed and her breathing was back to normal. There was a gas mask strapped around her, after the attack, on her face and a bandage over her head and a caster on her leg.

I looked up at the clock and it was nearly midday, Tauhid started ringing me and I picked up.

"Salaam Tauhid."

"Wsalam Rumena. Where are you?"

"Sorry I didn't tell you, I went to the hospital to see Inayah."

"Oh okay but next time tell me if you are about to go somewhere, I was worried about you!?"

"Seriously I'm really sorry!" I cried.

"It's okay Darling. Mum is calling me, I will talk to you later."

"Okay, Allah Hafiz Tauhid."

"Allah Hafiz Rumi (Rumena)."

I once again kissed Inayah and left the room, I got her medicine prescription and bought the medicines from the pharmacy.

The queue was extremely long and I was at the back. Finally when I reached back to her ward Hamdan and his in-laws were all there.

"Assalamualaikum Rumena!" They all said at once.

"Wsalam." And I smiled at them

"When did you come?" Khala (aunty) asked me and giving me a hug.

"I came quite early actually and stayed with Inayah and I just went out to buy her medicines."

"Ohh why are you taking all the trouble. We would've bought the medicines!" Khalu (Uncle) said to me.

"I wanted to help." I simply replied and gave them all a warm smile.

Hamdan didn't look at me, he was jusy looking around the room in a sort of uneasiness manner, everyone's attention was now on Inayah and I took my chance to talk to him in private.

"I heard you're innocent in all this then?" I gave him a cheeky smirk and he shrugged me off.

"I'm sorry Hamdan. I didn't mean to lash out like I did yesterday."

"Forget it." He mumbled and I hugged him.

"So..what exactly happened then?" I took the moment to ask him.

"I dunno." and his eyes diverted to Inayah.

"You like her now don't you?" I asked him.

"Nahh." He simply replied and walked away.

*************

Inayah's P.O.V.

I woke up in a different world. I was dead!?

I took a better look around me and realised I was only in hospital, I mentally slapped myself for having such stupid thoughts and tried to sit up but my body wouldn't obey.

I noticed Rumena affa open the door and enter and I greeted her with great difficulty.

She hushed me and stayed with me for a while until I had an attack, my lungs felt like they were closing up and I fought for my breath. People swarmed around me and once again like before everything went silent.

___________________

Short chapter!! Don't kill me!!

Sorry I was just eager to update and couldn't be bothered to write a long chapter now.

How do you like the cast of Hamdan and Inayah?

Comment

Vote

Share