Chapter Forty Four

Hamdan's P.O.V.

Yes, a baby Pram.

Tauhid and I were the only one in the family who knew about this secret. Even Inayah and Rumena didn't know. I couldn't hold the excitement in any longer.

Well the truth is...

This gift wasn't meant for Inayah, it's for Rumena.

*******

A couple of days ago she had a doctors appointment and Tauhid was told that Rumena was pregnant.

At that time Rumena was in the bathroom (bad timing). Tauhid asked the doc to keep this a secret for now so he could suprise her.

Immediately after the appointment Tauhid came to me in my apartment and told me the big news. His eyes were constantly sparkling, his cheeks were bright red and a smile was pasted on his face.

I was so happy for him! We danced around in circles until Inayah came from the other room after hearing our girly squeals.

We stopped and pretended to have had a confidential and professional chat.

She stared at us confused for a minute or so and then went back into the room to do whatever she was doing.

*******
Today we decided to gift it to Inayah so she could gift it to Rumena.

We found it a little confusing ourselves but thought it all the more exciting.

Everyone was staring at the big box, unable to speak.

"What is this Hamdan?" Asked Mum shocked.

"A gift for Inayah to give to Rumena." I replied smiling widely.

"Huh?" Rumena looked at us confused. "Why would I need a pram?"

Tauhid brought out a folded envelope from his jacket and handed it over to Rumena.

She opened it and her eyes grew wide and her jaw dropped open.

Tears started to fill her eyes and she looked up at Tauhid

"Is this a joke?" She asked breathless.

"No Darling, it's for real. You're going to be a mum and I'm going to be a dad!!" He squealed.

I noticed Inayah's brimming with tears and she hugged Rumena like there was no tomorrow.

The family were so overwhelmed, both Mums couldn't stop smiling and the dads were talking about how great it would be to have a small baby running wild.

The girls broke apart from their hug and Rumena hugged Tauhid. They were both so happy and my heart was content.

But Inayah slowly walked out of the room and into the direction of the balcony.

I thought she was going to come back but it had been 10minutes and I went to check on her.

She was standing facing the landscape and her hands were gripped on the railings. I thought she was just taking some fresh air but I heard her sniffling.

I cleared my throat and she suddenly jumped; wiped her face with her hands and turned around.

"Sorry I didn't notice you there." And she forced a smile.

It was obvious that she was crying. Her eyes were red and her face was a bright pink.

"What's wrong Inayah?" I asked concerned.

"Why would anything be wrong!" And she faked a laugh.

"Inayah you have to tell me." I said more sternly.

Her smile faded and she sighed.

"Hamdan, I'm really happy for Rumena and Tauhid. I'm so excited for the new member of the family but deep inside me it hurts. My heart aches. Everyone is getting happiness. Apart from me. I'm sorry I made your life a misery." And she broke into tears.

Wow, I didn't know she felt like this. I had nothing to say that could console her but I hugged her tightly. She wrapped her arms around me and her head rested on my heart.

"Inayah.. I l-"

Before I could finish what I was going to say Tauhid came and we immediately broke apart and our cheeks burned red.

"Oh sorry, I disturbed your moment there!" Tauhid laughed.

Inayah and I looked at eachother embarassed.

"Do you need me?" I asked Tauhid trying to change the subject.

_____________________________

Short chapter but I bet now you have dying questions😂

How was the twist with Rumena becoming pregnant??

What was Hamdan going to say?

What did Inayah want?

Comment

Vote

Share

Saima xxx