Chapter Forty Eight

Aaron's P.O.V.

I was too lazy for all this, Samara was just a waste of time anyway.

When I left that warehouse I never bothered to check back. I didn't know how Amina and Adam were coping.

Did Samara escape?

Who knows.

I was done with this shit.

I bought a new apartment in Cornwall  and I would live there with my latest girls. A new one every week. I chuckled to myself.

Inayah's P.O.V.

After dinner with Harris we all felt tired and slowly made our way to our bedrooms. 

"Inayah." A voice said as I was adjusting the pillows.

I turned around and Hamdan was standing next to the door.

"We got some news from the hospital." He continued.

I raised my eyebrows in confusion.

"Amina couldn't make it..."

I looked at him with a blank expression for a few seconds.

"What do you mean she couldn't make it?" I asked.

"She's dead." He replied bluntly.

The room fell silent and I took a deep breath.

"Are you okay?" I asked looking at Hamdan.

He stared at me without an answer.

"Hamdan..?"

"Of course I'm fine, she's nothing to us. Nothing to me." He replied forcing a smile.

I didn't believe him.

What if he still had feelings for her?

I gulped. I couldn't bear that.

Could he ever love me?

I shook the thoughts from my head and gestured Hamdan to sit down.

He nodded and I gave him a glass of water.

After minutes of silence he spoke up.

"Inayah, I'm just a little shocked that's all. When I wake up I'll be as fresh as a daisy." And he laughed.

"You're so lame!" I shot him a dirty look and smirked.

"Well you're a dumbass. Who marries a lame man?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"It's like Beauty and the Beast. I'm the beautiful one and you're a ...Beast." I couldn't stop myself laughing.

He looked at me with a disgusted look.

"Goodnight cow." He spat.

He laid down on the bed and closed his eyes.

******

9am

My eyes creeped open and the bright sun greeted me through the opened windows. Struggling to sit up, I scrolled through my Facebook and waited for the sleep in my body to fade away.

"Gooodmorninnngggg!!" Beamed Hamdan as he entered through the door, holding a tray with breakfast.

"Aww you made breakfast for me?"

"No. It's for me."

My smile turned upside down and I pretended not to care as I continued to use my phone.

He sat beside me and placed the tray on my lap.

"Obviously it's for you." He said smiling.

My stomach growled and I looked up at him as if I was uninterested.

"You don't want it?" He said shrugging.

"No, no. You probably took time making it so I might as well eat it." And I picked up the fork and stabbed it into my mini omelette. 

"Good. Now you finish that, everyone's already awake and you're still in bed."

I nodded as I continued devouring the breakfast.

Just then my phone began vibrating endlessly; picking it up I saw Samara was calling me.

"Hello? Samara, you okay?" I asked immediately.

"Yea yea I'm fine. Mum and I are at the groceries right now, we ran out of vegetables."

"Ohh, well why did you call me?"

"Mum was wondering if you needed anything." She replied.

"Nah I don't need anything."

"Cool, I'll see you in a bit then."

I ended the call.

Dragging myself out of bed I stripped off my nightgown and dressed into a pair of denim jeans and an oversized PINK jumper.

I finished brushing my teeth and walked into living room where I heard voices.

"Look who's finally awake." Tauhid teased as I entered through the door.

"Ha Ha. Very funny." I replied sarcastically. "What are you guys doing anyway?"

"We've all decided to go to America for the holidays!" Rumena said excitedly.

My eyes widened and a huge smile spread across my face.

"Reaallllllyyyy!??" I cried jumping around in delight.

For some reason Rumena, Tauhid and Hamdan were rolling on the floor laughing.

"What's wrong?" I asked confused.

"You're so gullible Inayah." Hamdan laughed.

My face dropped immediately.

"Why are you guys doing this to meeee??"

I've always loved the idea of visiting America. It had been my childhood dream to visit Times Square and hear all the American accents. Apparently they had amazing fast food restaurants but we were never able to go.

Rumena came up to me and touched my shoulders.

"We really are going America."

I looked at her and realised that she wasn't lying.

"I need a good break before we all become responsible adults to look after the baby." And she laughed and patted her belly.

___________________________

Another chapter done and dusted!

Sorry for the late updates x

Comment

Vote

Share