Chapter Fourteen

Hamdan's P.O.V.

1 week later at the hospital

"Inayah is fit enough to go home now." The doctor informed me.

"That's great, I will just just call my family." I smiled at him and he nodded and walked away.

My family were with Inayah's family. I didn't let them stay at the hospital, they needed to be home and not stressing over Inayah. I stayed with her for over a week now and hadn't been to work. During the nights she used to wake up crying of pain hence I was tired and exhausted everyday.

However, alhadmulillah she was recovering bit by bit and now she was able to go home.

I rang home and Rumena immediately answered,

"Salam Hamdan! Can she come home now??" She cried through the phone.

She asked me this everyday when I called.

"I'm sorry..." I replied fakely.

"Nooo how much longer Hamdan. I miss her so much and you don't even let me visit her!!"

"Calm yourself. She will be discharged today." I said cheering her up.

"Oh you Devil! You made my upseg!? I will get you!!" She shouted evilly.

I laughed and cut the line.

**********

"Ha..Ha..Hamdan" Someone croaked my name. I turned around to see Inayah half awake.

"Are you okay?" I asked her sympathetically.

"I have a headache."

I handed her some pills and a glass of water and she glugged it down. I watched her with fascination and laughed at her mannerless actions.

I was only being nice to her cause she was in a bad state. She still isn't my "love" and I haven't accepted her as a wife yet.

The doctor entered the room and handed me a few papers so Inayah could be discharged. I signed it and gave it back to him. He then called three nurses and they dressed Inayah and we walked out of the hospital together. She had to use support to walk as she still had a cast around her leg.

Our families were waiting outside and when we stepped into the chilly winter breeze we were squeezed and kissed all over especially Inayah. She was getting hurt and I pushed everyone away and seated her in the car. Everyone followed and the two family cars drove to my place.

*********

I turned my car to the left and entered my driveway. Exiting the car I helped Inayah out and steered her into the house and directed her to the bedroom where she lay. Everyone was sat around her and having a good chat on what Inayah had missed out on. They didn't want to linger and talk about what had happened to her.

I asked Rumena to help me with the food for everyone to eat and she followed me to the kitchen. She was silent all the way and I decided to break the awkwardness.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah yeah I'm fine!" And she smiled at me.

She went to the bedroom with the tray of food and soon laughter and conversation started and I joined them a little while later after praying.

"Hamdan son had made breakfast for us!" My father-in-law was saying to Inayah.

She turned to look at me and blushed. I scratched my head and smiled awkwardly.

It was nearly time for Asr and Inayah'd family had to go. We greeted them off and I was left with my people and Inayah.

"We should go too," said amma.

"No, you should stay the night." I insisted but Abba had important work and our houses were not very close to each other.

"Hmm okay then. But be sure to come soon," I replied.

"Yes child we will. Allah Hafiz." Said Amma and they left.

Rumena winked at me and whispered, "Look after her and I mean it."

I didn't put any expression on and just looked at her until she was out of sight.

Now, I was alone with her.

What should I do?

_______________________

Salaaaam

Another updateHope u liked it.. Tbh I felt it was kinda boring but hopefully I'm planning to have the next chapter as an Inayah and Hamdan scene.

I'd like to give a special shoutout to uzmahussain16 because she is the first reader and the first to vote. Thank you so much

Comment

Vote

Share