Chapter Thirty Four

Inayah's P.O.V.

*In the hospital*

 I tried moving myself but my body wouldn't budge. I wanted to cry but no tears came out. I wanted to scream but no sound left my mouth. I was trapped.

I could see everything. I could hear everything but it just wasn't enough. I wanted to feel things. To move around. But it was impossible. I prayed and prayed but God wasn't answering my prayers. I felt defeated and alone.

No one has come to visit me since last night and Rumena and Hamdan left suddenly yesterday leaving the others here. 

I slowly dozed off and someone jabbed me in the arm. I felt it but I couldn't react. A doctor was inserting some kind of injection inside me and I mentally flinched. 

He left the room as quietly as he entered and I was left alone. I craved to see my parents and Hamdan but they had not yet arrived. I spoke too early because at that moment the door flung open and my family came stumbling in with cards and flowers. Roses, my favourite! 

"Inayah we're here!" Mum said and kissed my forehead. I tried to smile but of course nothing happened.

They settled down the gifts on my bedside table and sat around me watching me intently for a couple of minutes. Tauhid and Hamdan weren't here and neither was Samara. I wondered where they were.

Rumena didn't say a word. She was staring out of the window as if something was troubling her.

Suddenly I began to feel dizzy, I felt like puking and suddenly started trembling like a madwoman. They all jumped around me and started crying. Dad called the Doctor and the medical team came rushing in. They checked my blood and put the oxygen mask on my face. Nothing was working and slowly the world turned black.

**********

Hamdan's P.O.V.

We came home late after everything that happened. I still couldn't get my head around it. Amina? Alive?

I was desperate to meet Inayah but Tauhid and I came home exceedingly late and our bodies needed a good sleep. I was a sloth for the whole day.

My phone began ringing and I answered it.

"Yeah Rumena?" I said.

"Come quick!! Something is wrong with Inayah, the Doctors haven't confirmed what is actually happening to her but by the looks on their faces I'm pretty sure it's something really bad."

I didn't have to reply. I dressed into anything and rushed out of the house forgetting to even brush my teeth.

I ran to the car and drove to the hospital. 

When I arrived everybody was crowding around Inayah and no one had a dry cheek.

"H-Hamdan... finally you're here. Where w-were you? We've been worried s-sick and Inayah isn't well." Rumena stuttered.

There was a doctor testing Inayah's blood.

"Doctor. What happened with her?" I asked.

"I'm very sorry to say this but she has somehow been injected with poison."

Poison? Who would inject poison into Inayah?

 Mum inturupted my thoughts.

"How will we be able to get the poison out of her body?"

"We'll have to give her a few injections, medicines and blood tests but I'm afraid we can't confirm anything now. You'll have to pay for her medicines. If it isn't treated in less than a couple of hours then we could lose her."

And with that he rushed out of the room.

The last words of the Doctor made our breathing stop. We stared at each other in horror. No, nothing will happen to Inayah. She has a whole life ahead of her.

I called Tauhid who was still probably asleep at home.

"Didn't you call your husband?" I asked Rumena.

"I tried a couple of times but he wasn't answering."

I nodded and re-tried his number.

This time he answered.

"Hello." He grumbled half asleep.

"Oi where are you? Come to the Hospital NOW."

"Ok ok, what happened?"

"Inayah's.. been poisoned." I stuttered.

"WTF are you serious. I'm coming now, won't be less that 10 minutes." And he cut the line.

True to his word Tauhid arrived in less than 10 minutes. I told him what the Doctor had said to us and he gasped.

"Who would so such a thing? No one is allowed here unless they are family or a member of staff." Tauhid said.

I shrugged but I knew I would definitely get to the bottom of this. 

_______________________

Woah I haven't updated in some time and the chapter is not as long as imagined. I was busy with Exams but now they're finally over! Hope u enjoyed this chap (aka cried and hated me for making this happen to Inayah)

Who injected the poison?

Comment

Vote

Share

Saima x