Chapter Forty Three

Rumenas's P.O.V.

Shite.

She nearly caught  me.

Luckily mum came in and saved me. When she told me to get out of the room I felt so relieved.

Inayah is starting to get suspicious already! We're so bad at keeping secrets, it's like a default in our family genes and I mentally laughed thinking about it.

I was sat cross-legged on the sofa entertaining myself with a comedy drama on the TV. 'Mr Bean'.

Yes, I was still a little kid! I watched every cartoon channel since I was a little and I still watch it to this day.

Hamdan came into the room and gave me his usual dirty looks whenever I watched stupid programmes.

"You're such a baby man." He snorted and jumped down next to me.

The whole sofa wobbled vigorously and I laughed,

"I thought you wanted to get fit but you're still an elephant!" And I continued laughing aloud.

"Shut up you faggot!" He growled and grabbed the TV remote.

"Oi it's my turn to watch. I'm your older sister you have to OBEY me kid."

"You're calling me the kid??" he smirked at me and changed the channel.

I elbowed him so hard in the stomach and he moaned in pain.

"What was that for!?" And he stood up and stomped off.

I always get what I want. I congratulated myself and continued watching Mr Bean.

I was too engulfed in the episode that I hadn't noticed Inayah sitting down next to me. She suddenly tapped me on the shoulder and I screamed.

She screamed too.

We were both screaming in eachother's faces.

Hamdan came running into the room and shook us apart.

"What the hell happened?" He asked concerned.

Inayah and I shook out of it and stared at eachother confused. Then we suddenly bursted in laughter and tears. 

"You scared me." I breathed in between laughs.

"You scared me too!" Inayah cried back.

Hamdan realised what had happened and he joined us in our laughter.

My ribs began to ache and my jaws killed. We were laughing too much and I thought I was going to die.

Gradually we stopped laughing and kept taking in big breaths to keep ourselves calm. All the adults had gone out to do some shopping for groceries and we were left alone.

Tauhid was at work and he wouldn't be coming back until 11 at night.

*********
It was nearly half 11 and Tauhid and already come home. He changed into some comfortable wear and our parents had come home ages before.

We sent Inayah to the nearby shop with Hamdan to buy some essentials.

Mum and Dad brought so many things and Aunty and Uncle helped in decorating everything. The whole apartment was glistening with candlelights and shiny banners.

Helium balloons were floating around aimlessly, the ceiling was covered with all the rainbow colours, and fireworks were waiting at the front door to he exploded into the dark night sky!

It was two minutes until 12 and Hamdan had texted me that they were coming up the lift.

Everyone hid in their places and we waited 'til the front door slowly creaked open. The lights were off and the only light in the house was the dim burning of the candles.