Chapter Twelve

Hamdan's P.O.V

(Happens after Hamdan arrives at his job place)
At work I didn't feel at peace. I was worrying for Inayah and her health. And on top of that the investigation continued about the raid in my office.

Now the crime wasn't a big deal in the company right now and we were focusing on our next assignment. But even that I couldn't focus on.

Inayah. Inayah. Inayah.

That's all that I can think about.

Am I starting to like her?

Well I guess liking her is okay but never loving. Never.

I decided to leave early as I wasn't busy, once I reached home everything was quiet. I couldn't be seated for long before being impatient and occupying myself in another job. There was nothing to do and the silence made it even worse.

I knew one thing.

I missed Inayah...

Just then my phone beeped, I had received a message from Rumena. Oh shit! I forgot to tell my family about Inayah.

Rumena: Hamdan. What happened?! Your father-in-law called me a while ago telling me that Inayah is in the hospital, don't tell me you did anything to her?? Why didn't you call us for God's sake dude!!!

Damn she was angry. I immediately called her and she answered softly to which I was surprised. I thought she would lash out at me!

"Assalamualaikum Hamdan."

"Wsalam Rumena."

"How is Inayah now? I don't know the full story yet but now you have to tell me exactly what happened."

"Rumena I swear I didn't do anything. I was in my study just finishing off some paperwork and then I heard a crash. I went to the next room and found Inayah lying on the floor, this was blood spilled everywhere and the massive wardrobe was over her."

"Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raajioon." She gasped as I finished speaking. "I'm coming over right now." And she cut the line.

The time was nearly 10pm and I wondered how she would come here as she couldn't drive.

Maybe Tauhid bhai would come with her.

I went to the kitchen to start preparing tea, I was wearing grey sweatpants, a black nike t-shirt and minnie mouse slippers which were Inayah's but they fit me somehow. Well half my feet was sticking out so it didn't exactly fit me! I decided not to change as they were just family.

The doorbell rang and I opened the door, Rumena rushed in without waiting to be welcomed and Tauhid bhai followed apologising for his wife's rudeness. I smiled it off and offered them a seat.

Rumena pointed for me to sit down beside her and she stared at me with sad eyes.

"Hamdan, love her." She said in a blank tone.

I stared back at her looking as if she was talking nonsense.

"Don't look at me like that boy. Inayah has done nothing to deserve all this hate, so why are you misbehaving with her."