Chapter 40

It was almost ten, I was already exhausted. I spent the last hour listening to music and browsing on my phone. I guess I should get to bed. Before I even turn off the lights someone knocks on my door. I open it to see Andy standing outside my room.

"What's up?"I ask.

"I wanted to say goodnight and if anything happens I'm just across the hall okay?"

"Okay...hey what you think is gonna happen?" I ask.

"Well just in case you get lonely or-"

"I'm a big girl I'll be just fine!" I cross my arms stubbornly. He chuckles.

"That's my girl." He messes up my hair then leaves.

"Night weirdo." I whisper to myself.

Is it bad that I wanna take up his offer? Okay I can't do that. The main reason is because I'll probably get really nervous, and won't be able to sleep. Ugh, I wish I really knew him like I used too. I don't know Andy like I did and it really saddens me.
Okay I need to go to bed, I'm exhausted. I jump into bed then cover myself up with soft blankets. I shut my eyes then finally fall into a deep slumber.

Dream// memory

"DO YOU WANT TO PISS ME OFF, YOU FUCKING WHORE." He yells in my face. He raises his fist then suddenly punches me in the face hard. I fall to the hard ground.

SHUT THE FUCK UP!" He grabs the back of my hair then slams my head into the tile. I could feel blood pool out if my skull. I was suddenly feeling dizzy.

N-No more violence." I cry. He nods then hugs me while I cry into his chest.

His arms were still wrapped around me. I felt safe in his arms, unlike Seth I never felt very comfortable with him...I never even did anything with him.

Reality :

My body was being shaken by somehing, I wake up with Andy hovering above me. I realize that I was crying in my sleep and I started to remember what my dream was. It wasn't a dream it was a memory.

"Jess I heard you from the hall, relax relax." He whispers to me. I can't control my tears. I wrap my arms around Andy without thinking. He hugged me back and rubbed my back. He whispers things like 'your okay' and 'I gotcha no one will hurt you'

I felt safe and secure. Just like in my past memory.

"I'm starting to remember..." I say quietly.

"What memory was it?" He asks.

I was hesitant but decided I had to tell him. "It was when Seth was hurting me then I remember being in the hospital with you."

"Oh...I remember that." He says.

I touch the side of my head. I had stitches embedded on my skull. "I can feel it..."

"Feel what?"

"The stitches. It wasn't just a dream." I start to sob again. Andy comforts me again. "Hey Andy?" I ask.

"What?"

"Will you stay with me tonight?"

"Of course."

I feel dumb for asking him to stay with me tonight but I don't wanna be alone. I soon begin to finally relax, I stop shaking and I lay back down. Andy lays beside me but keeps his distance. I respect that.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that again." He whispers to me.

"It's okay, at least I have a memory of you."

"Not a very good one." He smiles sheepishly. "Hopefully you'll have some better ones with me."

"Why did we hate eachother?" I ask.

"Well it wasn't really you. It was me." He sighs.

"Why? What did I do?" I ask. I'm very curious.

"Well at the time I was still getting over an ex who cheated on me. And I wasn't really pleased with another girl in the house. And I thought you were like one of those girls who cheat. I dunno, I judged before knowing you." He sighs.

"Wow. Andy?" He looks at me. "Your a dick."

He laughs. "Love you too." He pokes my side. I giggle. "Okay I think we need some sleep." He says. I nod then close my eyes.

...

After 20 minutes of trying to sleep I finally give up. I sit up and rub the sleep out of my eyes. I turn around to see Andy fast asleep. He's even pretty when sleeping what the fuck. I wanna cuddle up next to him. Ugh I can't. Well maybe...

I get closer to him. Eh I don't think I can do that! Before I back up again Andy's arms wrap around my body then he pulls me into his chest. He was warm and I'm assuming still asleep.

"If your lonely just tell me, no need to be shy." She purrs.

Nevermind.

"I am not shy." I mumble. Andy doesn't respond, instead he just strokes my hair and I begin to close my eyes.

...

I woke up no longer in Andy's embrace. I guess he left or something. I stretched my arms outward. Wow I am glad I didn't have anymore nightmares that night. I leave the room then head downstairs. The house was quiet but I heard sizzling from the kitchen, I assume someone was making breakfast. I lead myself to the kitchen to see Andy cooking.

"Finally your awake. It's almost eleven." He chuckles.

"Oh sorry."

"It's fine. You did have a rough night."

"Yeah, but thanks to you I didn't have anymore nightmares." I say. He smiles slightly. I feel like I owe him more than just a thank you.

"No proble-" before he finished his sentence I peck him quickly on the cheek.

"I really appreciated it." I say shyly.

"Happy to help." He smiles. He's so cute what even?

"So what are you making?" I change the subject.

"The usual- oh wait you probably don't remember." He sighs. I frown.

"Well I remember breakfast foods." I try to cheer him up. Not sure if it works or not.

I start to think; I don't feel like I am who they say I am. I feel like a different person like the person he keeps talking about is supposed to be me but I feel like a new girlfriend of his and he's not over this last one. My chest tightens. Ugh...I feel unwanted. I don't know why. I don't wanna feel this way because I really do like Andy. Well love I guess you could say. I just...don't remember any of the love we shared...