04-Temporary Escape.

Terry stopped the car outside my house. I gave both of them a quick hug before I ran into my house and shut the front door with a bang. "Hey, are you okay? You were barely gone an hour." Lynn asked me with a plate of cheesecake in her hand. "I might be overreacting but something happened. You're included in the conversation. My room in twenty minutes." I said and ran upstairs. I locked my bedroom door and changed into my pyjamas. Call me kiddish, but my old, frayed Mickey Mouse jammies really comforted me. As I waited for the girls to text me, letting me know that they were home, I took off the little make up I was wearing and braided my hair. 

                                              Soon, I had a text from all the girls saying that they were ready to talk. I let Lynn into my room, instructing her to lock the door after her. I got the five of us on a conference call. I kept my phone on the bed and Lynn and I lay down on either side of it. "Hello." Came Ash's voice. "Here." Ellie said. "Yo." Said Amber. "Lee." Gemma said in greeting. "Hey guys. Lynn is here, say hi." I said. "Hi girls." Lynn said and got a ton of 'hellos' in return. "Okay. Down to business. Amber, remember I called you because I couldn't find you?" I began. "Yeah." Amber and Gemma said together. "Well, I ran into Matt Anderson in the gazebo." I said and waited for it. "What?" Ellie nearly deafened us. "Oh my god! Please tell me you stayed away from him!" Lynn looked shocked as she gave me the mom-stare. 

                                              "I tried. He just jumped onto me. Almost literally." I said, remembering how he had spoken to me while sitting in the tree. "What happened?" Gemma asked. I took a deep breath and began to explain what had happened, doing my best to not exaggerate. "Then you called me, Gem and I ran for my life." I ended. "Okay. Lee, you do know that he's going to look for you, right? This guy doesn't not let anyone get away." Amber said. "Yeah, I was counting on you guys helping me fend him off, if he ever does find me. I'm good at hide and seek." I said. Lynn rolled her eyes at me. "Lee, you need to talk to the guys. And Nate." Lynn said. The girls agreed. "I will. I just needed you to back me up." "We'll always back you up Lee. We're forever prepared to hide the dead body. Now talk to Nate and we'll tell the boys tomorrow." Ellie said. 

                                           "Okay. See you tomorrow, girls." I said. I ended the call and looked at Lynn who had been staring at me. "What?" I asked. "You are in so much trouble." She said and left my room. I heard her scream as she headed downstairs. "Nathan! Lee is asking for you!" She said. Surely enough, a minute later Nathan was at my door. "You okay?" He asked me. "Remind me what you said you would do to any guy who took advantage of me?" I asked uneasily. Somehow, I didn't want Nate to know about my encounter with Matt. "I said that I would castrate them. Why?" Nate asked as he sat on the edge of my bed. "Oh, no big deal." I said. "Lee." Nathan was demanding an answer. "Bailey." Nathan said in a warning tone when I ignored him. 

                                          "Okay, don't kill me but Matt Anderson kissed me at the party today." I said."Did he?" Nathan raised his eyebrows.

"Did he?" Nathan raised his eyebrows

He was grinning. When he realised that I wasn't joking, he became serious. "Do you like him?" He asked. It was his way of asking if I had been forced. "No I don't, but I got away before anything could happen." I assured him. Nathan was quiet. "What are you thinking?" I asked. "Nothing. I'll be keeping an eye on that guy." Nathan said. I groaned. "Let it be Nate. I can handle it." I said and Nate grinned. We sat in silence before Nate cleared his throat. "Rob is coming back tomorrow. I'm going over to help him unpack. You can join us after school if you want." Nate said. "Yeah, I'd love to!" I smiled. Nate ruffled my hair and left my room before I could hit him. I shut the door after him and went to brush my teeth.

                                          As I brushed I contemplated over Rob's return to town. Robert was Nate's best friend since kindergarten. They had been like brothers-in-arms, the Two Musketeers. Four years ago, his father had transferred to Los Angeles, taking his family with him. He was apparently coming back because Rob had insisted on returning to his hometown. I had had a crush on him for a long time. Only Lynn had known about it. But honestly, there's only so much you can hide from your sister when you're a gullible thirteen year old. Tomorrow, I would greet him as a mature almost- seventeen year old and I will feel nothing. It's not like he would find something extremely attractive about me anyway. For as long as I could remember, I was the pesky little sister with whom he liked to share chocolates. If he had to choose someone to date from our family, it would definitely have been Lynn. 

                                          I paused brushing and stared at my reflection. I had a large forehead , a slightly bulky nose. My eyebrows were bushy because I hadn't shaped them in a while. The only thing I took pride of was my hair. I had won the genetic lottery and inherited my dad's thick hair. That meant that it was tough to manage, frizzy after a wash and hard to style, but mom made sure that I appreciated it. I wasn't perfect, but I wasn't horrible to look at either. I finished brushing and stopped staring at myself. Criticising my looks was going to get me nowhere. Mom had drilled this thought into all of us- I love myself. She was very firm in her belief that the person whose approval you needed the most was yourself. And I agreed with her. 

                                         I cleared everything from my bed and crawled in. Tomorrow was going to be a tough day.

A/N: Hi everyone! I hope you're all doing great today! I also hope that you enjoyed this chapter. The next chapter has a lot happening in it *dramatic music in background*. If you find any spelling mistakes or some errors in the chapter do notify me. I've started writing on the phone app because the site has been rather unreliable lately. I never know if it will open or not. I've notified the Wattpad customer service, but till this is resolved, don't hesitate to point out my mistakes. :D

QOTD- This is for all my non-Indian readers (I know you're out there).

                I update in the afternoon, here in Mumbai. So do you guys get the update notification on Tuesdays/Saturdays or do you see the notification in the morning when you wake up? This question has been troubling me for ages...even though it doesn't make much of a difference. I'm obsessed with time zones and time travel (thanks Flash!) I'm going to stop ranting. 

See you on Sunday!

Love-D   :)