27- Pick Me Up?

MATT'S POV:

GYM- AFTER SCHOOL HOURS

                                                                              I shook the sweat from my hair and and rested my hands on my knees. I took a few deep breaths and focused on the game again. Jonah began to run and we ran after the ball. Jonah glanced at me and gave me a minute nod before throwing the ball towards me. I caught it and dribbled towards the hoop. Adrenaline pounded through my veins as my team members and I passed the ball around, dodging the opposing team as we got closer and closer to our goal. At the last minute, the ball was passed to me. Putting all my force into my legs, I jumped and dunked the basketball through the hoop.

                                                                              A sharp whistle blew and the practice session ended. Grinning, I shook hands with the other players. "Well done boys. Good play." Coach said to us.  "Tomorrow we will have a choreographer joining us to help with our performance at the talent show." Coach brought out a piece of paper and continued, "Her name is Ashley Raymond. She's one of the best choreographers our school's got, so be good to her." Coach gave us a warning glare and dismissed us.

                                                                            "Who is she?" I heard someone ask his friend. Obviously, the boys would be very interested in her. "You know that Ash is going to have trouble with these guys." Jonah echoed my thoughts. I nodded. "C'mon man. Give Bailey and her friends a break." Jonah said and I sighed. Once in the locker room, I stood on the bench and asked for everyone's attention. "Guys. Any questions about the choreographer?" I asked out loud. There was a flurry of questions. "Is she hot?" "Totally." I smirked. "You know her?" "Kinda." I said. Jonah raised his arms to stop the questions and pushed me off the bench. "Hey!" I objected.

                                                                             "To answer everyone's questions, she's Terry Gates' girlfriend. So let's just co-operate with her and not give her a hard time." Jonah directed the last part at me. "I never create trouble Jo. I'm hurt." I placed a hand over my chest. The others grumbled about Jonah bursting their bubble and went back to what they were doing. "You broke hearts man." I said and clapped his shoulder. He rolled his eyes. His phone began to ring, and I saw that it was Amber calling him. "Girlfriend calling!" I said loudly and he punched my arm hard. "Hey." He answered the call. He went outside to talk to Amber while I quickly changed.

                                                                            Once I joined him outside, he was done with the call. "Hey, you mind taking a detour? Amber needs a ride home and I offered to drop her." Jonah said. "Isn't her house in the opposite direction from ours?" I asked bluntly. "I'm trying to woo her?" Jonah reminded me. "Fine. Where are we picking her up form?" I asked. "Bailey's house." Jonah said. "Right! Okay. Then you'll just have to pick me up from Bailey's house after you drop Amber cuz there's no way I'm third-wheeling." I said and Jonah nodded. Something struck me once we sat in the car. "Are you trying to set me up with Bailey? This is too much of a coincidence." I said suspiciously. "Totally a coincidence." Jonah said honestly.

                                                                          The drive to Bailey's house was in silence. Calvin Harris was playing, and we both bobbed our heads in unison. "So when are you taking her out again?" I asked. "I haven't planned anything. Hopefully soon." Jonah said. Amber stood outside the front door, chatting with Bailey. I swallowed when I saw her. "Hey Amber. Lee." Jonah called out from the car. Bailey waved and Amber walked to the car. I got out and held the door open for her.