34-Talents Galore

DAY OF THE TALENT SHOW.

BAILEY'S POV:

                                                                    I was all snug and cosy in my bed. I didn't want to wake up till someone came to wake me. It was the big day. Tonight was the final performance. Thanks to last nights amazing performance, I wasn't too nervous but the fact that this time I didn't have Matt performing with me did trouble me a bit. I took his advice and remained positive. After Lynn came and woke me up, I got into my outfit- a light blue shirt with printed denim shorts. 

                                                                     I was going to wear the outfit that Ash had gotten me, but then I decided that it was a bit too glam for a school event. I was going to save it for some other time. Nate got his guitar case out and Lynn drove us to school an hour before the event started. "Okay, good luck you two! Don't worry too much, all of us will be right in the front to cheer you on!" Lynn said before driving back home. Nate and I went backstage to prep for soundcheck.

                                                                    Around an hour later, the crowd began to enter. There were non-participating students, parents, some grandparents, siblings, some ex-students, teaching staff, non-teaching staff and their families...it was a big deal. According to the schedule, my performance was near the end today. I heaved a sigh of relief- at least I had time to prepare myself mentally. There was a separate section was seating for all the participants, so I joined Max and Ellie there. Matt and Jonah were a few rows behind me with the rest of the basketball team; I waved hi to them.

                                                                      The show began and Ash walked onto stage with one of her classmates. We cheered like crazy and they introduced the first act- a dance by the cheer-leading squad. The fifth performance was Max's play. "Wish me luck." He whispered before going backstage. "Don't worry. You're going to slay like Beyonce!" Ellie whispered back and we both hugged him. He joined Kevin, who was waiting for him and I spied them holding hands as they went backstage. "Aren't they cute?" Ellie whispered to me. "Yeah. Max is so happy with him." I replied.

                                                                        The Drama Club had outdone themselves with that performance. The lights and score were mind-blowing and the actors themselves were amazing. By the end of the play, Ellie and I were holding onto each other with misty eyes. As the cast came forward to take a bow, the entire audience gave them a standing ovation. Before I knew it, my performance was next. Everyone whispered good luck to me as I passed them. Unconsciously, I met Matt's eyes, and felt a little more confident when he too mouthed 'good luck'.

                                                                       As I waited to go on-stage, the same butterflies came about. I took deep breathes and held Nate's hand to steady myself. "You'll be fine, Lee. Just breath." Nate said and hugged me. Ash announced my name and exited through the wing I was waiting in. "You'll do great. Remember, we're right at the front,babe." She said and squeezed my hand.

                                                                       I walked on stage to a roaring crowd. The stage lights were bright and I couldn't see much, but I knew that everyone I loved was going to be right in the front, cheering me on. I nodded to Nate and he began to play the opening notes to 'Let It Go' by James Bay. The crowd went wild and I smiled to myself. I raised the mic and began to sing. If I concentrated really hard, I could make out that the crowd was singing along and that boosted my confidence a lot.