20-I Have No Regrets.

BAILEY'S POV.

A FEW MINUTES LATER:

                                                                  My shirt was dripping water onto Mr.Mitchell's carpet. Matt was leaking colour, staining every piece of land he stepped on. He was wearing a dressing robe that he had found somewhere. It was a kaleidoscope of swirling colours. Add that to multi-coloured face, he looked like a rainbow had puked on him. I avoided looking at him, because I couldn't help but laugh at his poor state.  

                                                                  Mr.Mitchell just looked at us. Every time he would open his mouth to say something and then shut it. He couldn't seem to find the right words. After about ten minutes of gaping at us like a fish Mr.Mitchell wrote something on a piece of paper, excused himself and left. Matt and I glanced at each other, perplexed.

                                                                 Ms.Young walked into the office with the paper in her hands. "I have a message from the principal." She read the piece of paper. "You both will meet him here in ten minutes. He will speak to then. You can either wait here or change your clothes." Ms. Young said and turned to leave. Matt spoke up. "Wait. Where is he?" He asked. Ms.Young raised her eyebrows. "He's gone for a walk to absorb this news. It's a little overwhelming. He has never witnessed behaviour like this before." She said.

                                                                 Both Matt and I left the office to join our friends. Matt walked straight towards Jonah, who just gaped at him. Jonah was about to say something, but Matt just held up a hand and said, "Don't." Matt pushed past him into the locker room. Jonah turned around and gaped at me. "H-h-how did you do that?!" He looked surprised and shocked at the same time. I simply shrugged and headed towards my friends.

                                                                 I was extremely happy with how our plan had worked out. Logan and Max were in charge stealing Matt's clothes and clicking pictures. All of us had been going up to people and personally inviting them to be part of the "Embarrass Matt" project. We had been scouting for two days.

                                                               Amber, Ash, Ellie and Terry were in charge of the paintballs. Ellie and Terry had killer aim. They all had occupied Matt while the crowd had snuck into the gym. Gemma had dropped out of the plan at the last minute, saying that she wasn't well. We understood. Gemma's health been rather poor for the past few weeks. She was under medication. 

                                                               The expression on Matt's face after seeing the crowd in the gym had been priceless. I could literally see the colour drain from his face. I stifled a laugh as I joined the others. "What's happening?" Max asked. "He went out for a walk to process the information." I replied with a shrug. Amber raised her eyebrows.

                                                               "I don't believe it. We managed to catch Mr.Mitchell off-guard." She said. I nodded. It was a feat that we had managed to render him speechless. But I figured that the punishment would be bad too. I would probably get detention. There was a small probability of being suspended.  It would go into my permanent records. That dampened the taste of victory a little.

                                                               "You don't think they'll catch us all, do you?" Ellie asked. "They'll punish the people whom they know were involved." I said.  I looked at Max and Logan, who had been given two weeks worth of detention. "As long as they don't know about your involvement, you'll be fine." I said to the rest.