06- Blast From The Past.

A big thank you to:-
@loveof_winter
@golfer_girl
@kels487 and
@clairbenjamin for all their support. I hope you enjoy this chapter! :)
Gemma and the others had grilled me about the conversation I had had with Jonah. I had done my best to assure them that he wouldn't tell a soul, but they were worried anyway. After school, I walked down the road alone. I had made an excuse to have some time with myself. I got out my phone and called Nate. "Hello?" He answered. "Hey Nate. You and Rob need help in shifting boxes?" I asked. "We would love an extra pair of hands. But we're not at his place right now." Nate said. I stopped walking. "Where are you?" I asked. "We're at the diner. We're sitting at dad's favorite table." Nate said. "Cool. I'll see you in about ten minutes." I said and ended the call.

The diner was a short distance from my home. I entered and looked to my right. I spotted Nate sitting at the table with Lynn and another guy, who was Rob. Was it Rob? I inhale sharply. If I had found him attractive back then, then his features now could only be described as Greek god level. His brown hair had turned a little golden due to his time in Florida. He had a gorgeous tan which made his eyes stand out. "Hey Bailey! You've grown!" He exclaimed and held out his arms for a hug. I forced myself out of my reverie and hugged him tight.
I could pretend all I wanted, but I had to admit that he was too attractive for me to ignore. Puberty had not hit him with a truck, it had taken the form of a tsunami and rolled all over him. As I pulled away from Rob and pulled a seat out, Lynn gave me her suspicious look. I raised my eyebrows at her and she shook her head at me, saying that she would tell me later. I sat between her and Rob, praying that I wouldn't make a fool of myself.
"So, what's it like being back home?" I asked Rob. "It's a little surreal. I knew that things would be different, but I wasn't expecting it to be this different." He chuckled. I smiled in response. "Okay. Since its been so long, this is thoroughly justified. Look here!" Said Lynn and I was blinded by a bright flash. "What was that?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes. "My camera." Lynn shrugged. "Where did you find that? I thought I had thrown it away." Nate said disapprovingly. "Well, I saved it from the trash. And look! It's such as cute picture!" Lynn exclaimed and handed the camera to me.

 And look! It's such as cute picture!" Lynn exclaimed and handed the camera to me

"Um, no. You're deleting that right now." I said. My hair looked like a birds nest. I handed the camera back to her. "Food's here!" Nate cried out in relief. Lynn rolled her eyes at him and shuffled her chair closer to mine. "Look, I also found an old picture of the boys. They look so cute!" She cooed.

                                               "That's our prom

"That's our prom. We dressed in period clothes." Rob grinned and I ignored a small flutter in my chest. "I don't remember this." I said. "You were at Ellie's place for the night." Lynn reminded me. "Right." I remembered. "What is it with you and black and white pictures?" I asked to change the topic. "It flatters me." Lynn said. Nathan scoffed and I rolled my eyes. "Some help?" Lynn said to Rob, who immediately said, "It does flatter her." "I have proof." Lynn said. She began to go through the pictures, no doubt looking for a picture of her from her prom.
"So I was thinking, we should a get together, you know? Our families, and catch up. Your dad could join us. So can his wife and step-daughter. It'll be fun." Rob said, biting into his sandwich. "Yeah. That's sounds great. When?" Nate asked. "Tomorrow night?" Rob asked. Nate's face fell. "I got a date tomorrow night." He said. "You're dating now?" Rob asked. "He just met this girl Emma. She's adorable. Tomorrow's their first date." I said, daring Rob to make Nate cancel his plans. "I'm not going to make you cancel. We'll just have it on Saturday night." Rob said. "Yeah, that's better. Lee can talk to dad." Nate said and I nodded.
"I don't believe this! Why aren't my prom pictures on this thing!" Lynn exclaimed. She obviously hadn't heard us change the topic. "We've moved on Lynn." I said kindly and got up. "Where are you going?" Nate asked. "I'm going to get a milkshake. You guys want anything?" I asked. There was a chorus of no's, so I headed to the counter alone. "Hi. I'll have an Oreo shake please." I said and paid the woman.
As I waited for my drink, I looked back at our table. Everyone was talking and enjoying. Nate looked very happy at having Rob back in town. They were inseparable as kids. They were literally the Romeo's of their batch in high school. Rob was the ladies man, while Nate was the Romeo to his then-Juliet. I'm not going to name her. I prefer calling her then-Juliet. It seems fitting. She was a horrid person anyway.

                                                My drink was placed in front me

My drink was placed in front me. A tall glass with chocolate milkshake topped with whipped cream, pieces of chocolate brownie and a generous amount of crushed Oreo. I drooled. I planned to marry this milkshake someday. I thanked the person and carefully carried my drink back to the table. I was so invested in not dropping my drink, that I didn't notice someone sitting on my seat.
"Woah!" A girl screamed and I jumped off my seat. A girl (I can admit she was really pretty) was sitting on my seat. "I'm so sorry!" I said. "It's fine. I knew you were coming back. Please sit." She said and insisted till I sat again.
"I don't think we've been introduced. I'm Jade. I was Lynn's senior in school." She said. "Hi. I'm Bailey, but you can call me Lee. I'm Nate and Lynn's sister." I said and shook her hand. "No doubt. I can see the resemblance." Jade said. "I was just here to say hi. It's been a long time since I've seen any of you guys. Especially Rob." Jade said to them and Rob blushed. Jade drew a chair from the nearest table and sat down. "So Bailey, what do you do?" Jade asked me. "I'm a freshman." I said. "Really? At our high school?" Jade asked. "Yeah." I nodded proudly.
"That's amazing. You might know my brother then." Jade said and waved someone over. My milkshake was sitting ignored, and I felt bad. I brought the glass closer and had a sip. It was heaven. "Everyone. This is my brother." Jade said. Rob and Nate said hello, Nate somewhat hesitantly. Lynn just looked shocked. "You should know Lee, she's in your year. Lee, this is my brother Matt." I froze in the act of taking another sip from my milkshake.
"Yeah, I know Lee. We ran into each other just yesterday." I looked up to see the smug smile on Matthew Anderson's face. Holy shit.
A/N: Hi everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! *evil grin*
I have started putting character sketches in the media box, I hope you're liking them. Thank you so much for reading this and supporting me. Seriously, your votes and comments make my day. I really appreciate the fact that you've decided to walk with me throughout the book instead of waiting for it to get completed. Thank you so much.
Lots of love-D :*