09-Accusations

I rolled my hair into a messy bun and took a deep breath before heading downstairs. The front door was open. Lynn and Nate were in the living room with Claire, filling her in on the situation. I gave them a reassuring nod before going outside.

Jonah was waiting there, just like Claire had said. He was busy scrolling through his phone and didn't notice me. I cleared my throat and waited for him to look up. He didn't. I rolled my eyes. It took a lot to take people's attention away from their phone now-a-days. "Jonah. What are you doing here?" I asked, stuffing my hands into the pockets of my jeans. Jonah looked up with a start. "Bailey! Hey! I just wanted to talk to you." He said as he put his phone into his pocket. "Really?" I asked. "Yeah." He grinned, reminding me of Matt's smirk when he ran into me at the diner.

"Your brother keeps looking out the window. Am I interrupting something? Do you want me to leave? I can always come another time." Jonah asked, pointing towards his car which was parked by the side of the road. "No, actually." I said and swallowed before continuing. "I needed to talk to you too." I said and Jonah nodded.

"Did you-" "I was wondering-" We both started at the same time and stopped. "You first." We said together. I held up my hands. "May I?" I asked. I was aware that I was breaking the rule of being polite and letting the other person speak first, but I needed to clear my doubts about him before anything else. "Sure." Jonah said. "Did you mention me to Matt? Yesterday?" I asked directly. "Wha-? No. We made a deal. I keep my promises." Jonah looked hurt. "Did you direct him to the diner, by any chance? Or hinted about who I was or where I was going to be?" I tried again.

"What's going on?" Jonah asked. "Look, I know I'm not being very nice-" I started but he cut me off. "If I'm being accused of something, I need to know what the crime is." Jonah said.

His reaction was enough for me to realise that he wasn't lying. He didn't know that Matt had found me. I rubbed my forehead and sighed. I could feel a headache coming. "I'm sorry, Jonah. I was at the diner with my siblings yesterday and Matt found me there. It seemed like too much of a coincidence that he was there at the same time as I was, so I got a little suspicious. I was wrong. I'm really sorry." I said in defeat.

"Matt found you?" Jonah asked in surprise. He frowned. "What?" I asked. "Nothing. That was fast, even by my standards." He said in awe.

 After a moment he asked, "How did it happen?" I sat down on the stair and invited him to sit beside me

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

After a moment he asked, "How did it happen?" I sat down on the stair and invited him to sit beside me. He did.

"One of my childhood friends just moved back from Los Angeles a couple of days ago. Nate, Lynn and I went to the diner to meet him." I said. "Any chance I know the guy?" Jonah asked. "Maybe. His name is Rob Edwards." I said and looked at him. "Yeah, I've heard of him. Matt's sister used to hang out with him a lot." Jonah said and stared at his feet.

"Jade Anderson." I sighed and Jonah nodded. "She's hot." He muttered and I frowned. "Excuse me?" I asked. "It's just an observation. I don't hit on my friends' family." Jonah raised his hands in surrender. I laughed and shook my head.

"Anyway, all four of us were sitting in the diner and Jade came up to our table to speak to Rob, Nate and Lynn. Apparently they were pretty close in high school. I told her that I studied there too and she decided to introduce me to her younger brother who happened to be in the same year I was in." I said and let the rest sink in.

Jonah whistled. "If this was a game, you would've played right into his hands." He said. "I know right?" I rolled my eyes. For a moment, we were silent. "Anyway, what did you come here for?" I asked him. "I came here to cash in that favour you owed me, but since you're secrets out I'm guessing our deal's ended too. So, I'll just go. Good luck for dealing with Matt." He said and got up to leave.

"Hey! The deal was never broken. You kept up your side of it. You didn't tell Matt where I was, he just got lucky. So quit moping and tell me what I can do for you." I said. He turned around and gave me a sheepish look. "You're going to think I'm a horrible person." He said. "Why?" I asked as I stood up. "Because I'm the guy who's going to cash in his favour for a date." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. I raised my eyebrows. He wanted a date?

"Well, I owe you, so you might as well get it done with." I said. "Okay. Promise me we will still talk after this." He said. "Promise." I chuckled. "Can you give me Amber's number? I've wanted to ask her out for ages." Jonah said excitedly. I pretended to be hurt. "You promised not to hate me." He reminded me when I didn't reply. "I-I thought you meant you wanted to go on a date with me!" I faked a hurt tone. Jonah looked mortified. "I'm so sorry Bailey, I always meant Amber." He said in a horrified tone.

I nearly laughed at how scared he looked. "Bailey. I'm sorry." He said as I hid my face to stop my repressed laughter. "Go away." I said, turning away from him. "Oh god. I'll take you out too. If that's what you want." He said finally. He looked so defeated that I burst out laughing. "Lee?" He asked, confused. I couldn't help but laugh at his innocence. I waved away his concern as I sat on the stair again. After a couple of seconds I stopped laughing and looked at him.

"Don't worry, I'm okay." I grinned. "So you don't want to go out me?" He asked me. "Of course not! I don't want to date anyone. Why do you think I'm taking such efforts to stay away from Matt?" I asked. Jonah heaved a sigh of relief. "For a second there you really freaked me out." He said. "I'm sorry." I laughed. "I saw the opportunity and took it!" I shrugged. Jonah nodded and rubbed his eyes.

"Bailey!" I heard Nate call out to me. "Coming!" I screamed back and turned to Jonah. "I gotta go now. I'll text you Amber's number within an hour." I said and began to walk in. Just before I entered the door I stopped and called out to Jonah.

"Hey!" Jonah paused and turned around. "This is Amber okay? If she agrees to a date, DO NOT take her to a restaurant." I warned him. "So what do I do?" He asked. "If she agrees-" I emphasised again, "-take her out for some adventure sport. She likes that stuff more." I said. Jonah nodded his thanks and I went in to join my family again.

A/N: Hi everyone! I hope you're all well and that you enjoyed this chapter! I have two QOTD's for you:

1) Who are your favorite YouTubers? (Mine are Superwoman, Connor Franta, Joe Sugg, Caspar Lee, Troye Sivan and Zoella :p)

2) Do you want me to upload more character sketch posts after every few chapters? To keep up with the ever growing cast of this story?

Let me know! Also, don't forget to vote and comment, because I love chatting with you in the comment section!

Lots of love-D :)