31- A Very Jonah Day

AMBER'S POV:

FRIDAY EVENING.

                                                              I was in my room watching an episode of Breaking Bad on Netflix. It was only half past five, and Jonah was coming to pick me up at seven. I had received a call from Ash the previous day and she had been screaming for information about my date tonight. I had kept calm and told her that we were going to the park to skate, and that I had been looking forward to it. Only, I couldn't tell her exactly how excited I was.

                                                             I had been in exactly one and a half relationships before. The first one was in ninth grade, where I had dated a boy for exactly twenty days before I realised that his 'Call of Duty' obsession was way worse than I had anticipated. He was a little upset when I broke it off, but I explained that he could never love me the way he loved the game, and that it wasn't fair to both of us, blah blah blah. When he tried to serenade me, one punch to the nose was all it took to scare him off.

                                                            The 'half-relationship' was when Lee pushed me to go out with some new kid in school. When he dropped me home after our dinner he told me that he batted for the other team. I didn't mind. I had had fun that night. It ended on good terms. He left school that year itself. Then came the long period of living the 'single and don't want to mingle' stage. I was happy living life the way it was. School and after-school projects with the gang, going on Lee Duty, girl nights with Mom and my aunt, Charlie, Skyping Dad (who's working in Egypt) and going to bed with Sophie curled at my feet.

                                                             And then came Jonah Pratt. I had been a little mad at Lee when I realised that she had given my number to him. But once Jonah and I actually began to text, and eventually talk in person I realised that I had judged him rather harshly. I had vowed to reject all his advances because he was Matt Anderson's friend. He'd obviously be just like him. But Jonah turned out to be the complete opposite.

                                                            Jonah was passionate about everything. He loved gathering random information about anything and everything. He laughed at his own lame jokes, making me laugh too. He was caring and genuinely seemed interested in my likes and interests. He did have a small tendency of getting awkward, but that disappeared the moment I asked him about what shows he watched. His love for comics is as big as Max's. The way we got along was a little surreal because I was used to people being rather intimidated by me.

                                                           As the episode ended, I shut down my laptop and changed into a white Batman t-shirt and blue jeans and grabbed my purple jacket. There was scratching on my door, so I hid my laptop opened my bedroom door to let a lonely Sophie in. I tried to keep her away from my laptop, because she had a habit of scratching and licking the screen. I picked her up in my arms and headed downstairs to the kitchen. "Are you hungry? Want some snacks?" I whispered to her. I took some dog treats in my hand and fed them to her. 

                                                          "Be careful. You don't want to feed her too much." Charlie said and I nodded. "So when is Jonah stopping by? I want to meet him." She said. "He'll be here in about ten minutes to pick me up, so you can say hi then." I said and placed Sophie back on the ground. She ran into the living room, out of my sight. Charlie gave me a nod and went to join Sophie. I glanced at the clock- Jonah would be here any moment. He had a habit of being early. I pet my pockets and realised that I had left my phone upstairs, where it had been charging.