29- Don't Run Away

BAILEY'S POV:

THE NEXT DAY.

                                                              I switched the car engine off and walked up the path to Terry's house. His house looked like it always had- white with a brown roof, surrounded by plants and trees. His mother was a botanist and ran her own flower shop in the city. His dad was a lecturer of physics for university students. I had known Terry since kindergarten and I had always loved his parents. I rang their doorbell and waited. "Who is it?" A female voice called from inside. It was Terry's mom calling from the back of the house. "It's Bailey. I'm here to see Terry!" I called out. The door opened and I stepped in. "Hello Bailey!" Mrs. Gates gave me a quick hug.

                                                            "So you're here to talk to Terry?" She asked and lead me inside. "Yeah, he and Ash have been having some trouble, so I'm here to play peacemaker." I said. "Yeah, it's a shame but none of us are having any luck talking to him. Maybe you can get to him better. He's in the backyard. Good luck." She smiled and I went outside. 

                                                               Terry was busy replanting something. I crept up and knelt behind him. "Hey!" I said and he jumped. "Jesus Lee, don't scare me like that!" He exclaimed. He ran a gloved hand over his face, smearing mud all over his forehead and cheeks.  "Oh god.." He muttered angrily and I passed him a rag from his tools to wipe it off. "So, what brings you here?" He asked. We stood up and Terry gathered his things to go inside. "We need to talk about you and Ash." I said and followed him to the kitchen.

                                                               "What about it?" He began to wash the mud off his hands and face while I sat at the dining table. "She came to me yesterday. She was in tears. Said that you guys haven't spoken since last week." I said. "Did she?" He asked without facing me. I sighed. "Terry what's going on?" I asked wearily. He shrugged. "You guys have been together for three years and everything was great. What happened now?" I asked again. "I guess that's just it Lee. We've been together for three years. We both have grown up, our interests and hobbies have changed too. We can't find any time for each other. Maybe, we've just outgrown this relationship." Terry sighed.

                                                             He looked miserable. I could tell that he didn't want it to end. He was as distraught as Ash was. "Do you want it to end?" I asked. "What?" He looked up, stunned. "Do you think you'll be better off without Ash and this relationship?" I asked again."No! Of course not. I don't want it to be over! But sometimes relationships just end, Lee! Not every relationship ends with a happily ever after." He said. I let that hang in the air. Terry ran his fingers through his hair and stared at his shoes. 

                                                          After a moment I said, "Seeing how you and Ash reacted to the mere idea of not having each other makes me believe that this is not the end for the two of you. You guys have grown up with this relationship. You're not the same fourteen year olds who happened to have a mutual crush on each other. You both are becoming mature adults. But the way you both are handling this is anything but mature. Take some time out, talk. Life is only going to get tougher, you guys ought to adjust accordingly. Ending this relationship the moment you hit rough waters is not going to get you anywhere." I said in a low voice.

                                                          Terry fidgeted with his gloves and nodded. "I can get you guys reservations or whatever. Help you set up a time and place to talk. Just be patient. Give it some time. You guys will be okay." I offered. Terry heaved a sigh and put his gloves aside. "Actually Lee, it would be great if you could drive me to Ash's place right now. Dad took the car to work." Terry said and I felt hope light up in me. "Sure." I said. Terry changed out of his muddy clothes and we left. He quickly told his mom where he was going and joined me in the car. 

                                                          "So what are you going to tell her?" I asked as I drove towards Ash's house. Terry shrugged. "I'll tell her that I'm sorry for what I said and that I want to talk it out." He said and I nodded encouragingly."Honestly, I almost had a heart attack when Ash said that you guys might be calling it quits. I can't even think of you guys having to go through that pain." I said. "Lee, no matter how this turns out, I'm glad you at least tried for us. It means a lot to have someone talk you through times like this." Terry said and I squeezed his hand tight. "Get ready." I said as I stopped opposite Ash's house. 

                                                         Terry was chewing on his lower lip- a habit that showed when he was nervous or scared. I gave him a slight punch on the shoulder. "Hey, you got this okay? Be strong." I said and he nodded. When he still didn't leave, I asked, "Do you want me to call her and tell her to come downstairs or something?" He shook his head in reply. "I'll do it myself." He said and got out of the car. He stood in her driveway and put his phone to his ear. We both were looking at the window on the first story of the house that was Ash's bedroom. 

                                                          I rolled down the window, but couldn't hear a word of what Terry was saying. I squinted. I could see his lips moving. I figured that I would have to settle for that. Barely a second later, the front door burst open and Ash ran down the driveway into Terry's arms, sobbing hysterically. I would have fallen to the ground with a tackle like that, but Terry merely lifted her off her feet and buried his face in her shoulder. I felt so happy as I watched Terry put her down and lean his forehead against hers. It felt nice to see your OTP in action.

                                                          I put a hand on my heart and sighed to myself as Terry wiped her tears and murmured something to her. Ash turned around and spotted me fangirling by myself. She gave me a smile and held out her hand, as if to say join us! I immediately got out of the car and joined the group hug. 

                                                          "Oh I was so scared you guys!" I said as I let go. "So was I." Ash whispered and Terry pulled her closer to him. I mentally pleaded for my heart to stop racing. Only God knew how I would survive my own relationship if my OTP was making me react this way. "Okay, you guys have a lot to talk about. Call me. Okay?" I asked and they both nodded.

                                                          I got into the car and waited till both of them were inside the house before starting to drive home. I thanked heaven that something had gone right that day.

A/N: Hey everyone! First of all, thank you so much for 7k reads on this story! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote and do let me know who's POV you'd like to see next. I could do another Matt, or maybe Gemma? Let me know in the comments. 

Lots of love- D             :)

Kiss Gone WrongOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara