08-Revelation

I let out a little shriek before turning around and covering my eyes. "Lee!" I heard Nate exclaim. "You can look." Emma said tentatively. I turned around and peeked through my fingers. Emma and Nate were standing on opposite sides of the kitchen. "Thank god. I really did not need to see that." I sighed and dropped my hand. "I forgot that you'd be coming home now." Nate said. He was flushed and his hair was a birds nest. So was Emma's. They both seemed embarrassed enough, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to tease Nate.

                                                                  "Aren't you going to introduce us, Nate?" I asked teasingly

"Aren't you going to introduce us, Nate?" I asked teasingly. Nate noticed the look on my face and shook his head. "Lee, this is my girlfriend Emma. Emma, my younger sister Bailey." He said and I held out my hand to Emma. "Hi." She smiled and shook my hand. As I headed to the fridge for the milk I said, "So, aren't you guys supposed to have a date tomorrow night?" Emma nodded. "I'm assuming you guys are just too hyped up to wait till tomorrow then." I said and Emma blushed furiously. Nate dropped his head into his hand. "The fire is burning bright." I sang. "Lee." Nate said in a warning tone. "I'm just teasing!" I said and raised my hands.

"It was very nice meeting you. But now I'll leave you two alone." I said to Emma and began to leave. "Don't take all the milk upstairs." Nate reminded me. I smiled at Nate's mom side showing and poured the milk in a glass before leaving the kitchen. I went up to my room, got my laptop and put on 'Big Bang Theory'. I loved that show.

Halfway through my third episode, there was a knock on my door. I took my headphones and Lynn poked her head through the door.

"Hey, you got a minute?" She asked

"Hey, you got a minute?" She asked. I saw Nate standing behind her. "Yeah, come in." I said. I moved my pile of clothes from my bed to my chair and made space for them to sit. I set my laptop aside as they got onto my bed. "Where's Emma?" I asked Nate. "Left after you ragged her." He replied grumpily. Lynn rolled her eyes. "Amber texted me. She told me that Matt spoke to you today." She started. "Did he hurt you?" Nate cut in. "I was getting to that Nate." Lynn said pointedly. "That's more important than what he said to her." Nate shot back. "Fine." Lynn sighed. "Did he hurt you in any way?" She asked. "No." I said.

"Amber said that he was holding your arm and you were trying to escape him when she saw you." Nate said. "He didn't hurt me Nate." I repeated. "Lift your sleeve." Lynn demanded. I rolled my eyes and showed her my arm, which was unhurt. I showed her the other arm before she could ask. "See? He didn't hurt me. I was struggling because I was uncomfortable." I said. "Did you talk to him?" Nate asked. "Not really. I kept blowing him off. Then Amber came. The last thing he said was that he wasn't trying to hurt me." I said. "Well, we obviously don't believe him." Lynn scoffed. "Of course not." I agreed.

"The moment he does something that you are not okay with, you tell me and I'll take care of him." Nate said darkly. I looked at Lynn who seemed just as surprised at Nate's ferocity. He met our looks with confusion. "Why are you looking at me like that? The three of us are supposed to stick up for each other. That includes me beating up the idiot who hurts you." He said and I melted. "Aww Nate." I pouted and hugged him. "I'm coming!" Lynn announced. She lunged and all three of us fell off the bed to the floor. I hurt my arm, but Nate protected my head with his hands.

"Oww." Nate groaned as we rolled off of him. "You forget that you're heavy, Lynn." He said, cradling the back of his head. "Sorry." Lynn grimaced. I burst into giggles and couldn't do anything to stop it. Lynn also began to laugh and Nate shook his head, refusing to join the laughter club. "Am I interrupting something?" A voice asked and we all turned to look. "Claire! What are you doing here? How did you get in?" He asked, sounding surprised.

Claire stood outside my room with her guitar. "You told me that we were going to practice here today. I knocked, but no one answered, so I called your mom. She told me where the spare keys were. I hope that's okay." Claire said. "Of course it is." I said and hugged her. We all went downstairs to the living room, where Lynn got some cupcakes for everyone. In a house like ours, where the kids were mostly in charge, there was no shortage of unhealthy, indulgent goodies. "Lee, could you get my guitar? It's in my room." Nate asked as he tuned Claire's guitar for her. "Sure." I replied and headed upstairs.

Now our house was originally a three bedroom one. One bedroom downstairs (which our parents used) with the living room and dining room-cum-kitchen. The stairs lead to a hallway that extended towards the left and right. On the left was the master bedroom, which was huge. On the right was the third bedroom. When we moved here, Lynn and Nate shared the master bedroom while the second bedroom upstairs had been my nursery. As we grew up, Nate and Lynn refused to share rooms. So did I. So our parents let Nate shift to the second bedroom while the master bedroom was split into two for Lynn and myself. The bathroom was given two entrances, one from my room and the other from Lynn's. Nate had his own bathroom in the hallway. So the second floor of our house was like our kingdom.

I got into Nate's room. His guitar was in one corner, just like he had said. I had always admired Nate's ability to keep his surroundings clean. His room was spotlessly so, including his textbooks which were neatly stacked on his study table. His bed was always made and mom never had to shout at him to clear his wardrobe. Everything about the room, from the colour of the walls to the arrangement of the furniture said that he was a very organised person.

Lynn's room was the complete opposite. Her walls were splash painted different colours, which she had done herself after she graduated. She had decorated them with pictures and paintings. Her bed was almost always made in a hurry and her wardrobe never shut properly because of the amount of clothes overflowing from it. Her textbooks were everywhere but in her bookshelf. She had not one, but two chairs that were always drowning under stuff. You know the chair, the one used for anything but sitting? Yeah. That. Her make up and her paints and brushes were the only things neatly arranged along her window sill.

I got Nate's guitar and left his room, shutting the door behind me. Claire stood near the stairs. "I was just coming downstairs." I said, handing her the guitar. "I know. There's someone here to see you." She told me. "Who is it?" I asked. "Some Jonah dude." Claire said. I froze for a moment. "He's here?" I asked, recovering as fast as I could. "Yeah. He's waiting for you outside." Claire told me. I nodded. "Tell him I'll be there in a moment." I said and Claire left. This did not seem too good.
A/N: Ola! First, I would like to apologise for the late update on Sunday. It completely slipped my mind. This chapter is early because I'm going to be spending my day in a car, so no wifi.
As usual, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Vote and comment cuz it makes my day. I love speaking to you guys. See you on Sunday!
Lots of love-D :)