32- Date(s)?

MATT'S POV:

IN SCHOOL.

                                                                            I was in the library sitting opposite Gemma as we finished the final points of our presentation. "We have to present this next week, you said?" I whispered as we packed our stuff. "Yeah. Don't worry though. I'll send you a script if you like?" Gemma said. "That won't be necessary. I was just confirming that. So, Logan asked you to the pre-talent show party yet?" I asked. She frowned. "No. Pretty sure that he's going with someone else." She looked at me like I was clueless.

                                                                        "Anyway, you're going to ask Bailey?" She asked me. "Yeah. I wanted to talk to her after school. She'll be home now right?" I asked. "No. Go ask her now! She's in the music room, rehearsing. I'll get your books to Jonah." Gemma said and left with my stuff before I could stop her. "Thanks!" I called out after her. I turned around and headed to the second floor towards the music room. As I approached the room, I could hear the soft notes of a guitar. Bailey was singing, her back facing away from the door. I mouthed the words to 'Let It Go' by James Bay as she sang it.

                                                                        She ended the song and the room rang with applause. With a start I realised that Nathan was the one playing the guitar for her. "Great job!" He praised and Bailey got off her chair. "Thanks. I need a break. I'll be right back." She said and walked out of the room, straight into me. "Matt?" She sounded a little surprised. "You sound amazing!" I said the first thing that came to mind. "Thanks. Why are you still in school? Were you spying on us?" She asked. "No. Definitely not spying on you. I was with Gemma, finishing off our project. I told her that I wanted to speak to you and she told me that you would be here. So, here I am." I said and shrugged.

                                                                        She nodded and said, "Go on." "What?" I asked. "You said you wanted to speak to me, Matt." She spoke slowly, as if she were talking to a child. I hid the embarrassment at being spoken to like that. "Right, so the talent party is coming up soon. Apparently Jonah is taking Amber as his date. And I figured that Logan might ask Gemma. Obviously Terry will be there with Ash. So I figured that you might agree to come with me, as my date." I ended awkwardly, suddenly finding myself extremely cringe-worthy.    

                                                                        "You just assumed that I wouldn't go with Max. Or that Ellie and I would go alone. Or that maybe, just maybe, I wouldn't feel like attending." Bailey raised her eyebrows at me. I refused to be stumped. "I've heard that Kevin is planning to ask Max to the party. Wouldn't want to mess that up by interfering, would you?" I asked and Bailey rolled her eyes playfully. "And you're a performer. You have to attend the party. People will be asking for  a preview. About going alone, you could. But that would mean I'm going stag too. There's no way I won't annoy you at the party." I said. 

                                                                        "So I have no choice?" Bailey asked. "Of course you do. You can say no to me and I'll leave right now. I won't bring it up again. But since we're both going to be there, it'll be fun if we go together." I said. I could see Bailey cracking. "C'mon Lee." I whispered and she smiled. "Okay. Fine. I'll go with you." She said and I almost hugged her. Instead I raised my hands in a victory dance and she laughed. 

                                                                         Nathan called from inside the room, telling Bailey that her break was over. Bailey gave me an apologetic look and I stopped her. "Before you head back, what are you singing at the preview?" I asked. "You were serious about that?" She looked shocked. "Yeah. Weren't you there last year?" I asked. "No, because I hadn't participated last year. And Sherlock was on." She shrugged sheepishly. "Prepare something. If you rock the house at the preview you've nailed half your official performance." I said. "I'll have to think of something." Bailey sighed. 

                                                                         "Lee, what's taking so long?" Nathan stepped out of the room. "Matthew." He nodded at me. "Hey. I was just asking Bailey about what she's performing at the preview." I said. "You haven't prepared anything for that." Nathan told Bailey, who shot him a look. "I don't know if I should do it. Like, create the mysterious aura around myself. Maybe perform on stage with a wig that covers my face like Sia." Bailey said. "They will announce your name Lee. Anonymity isn't an option here. You have nothing to worry about, you're a great singer. You can probably do a duet at the preview." Nathan said. "With whom?" Bailey asked scathingly. "Matt." Nathan said.

                                                                         I was about to protest when Nathan made that scary big-brother face at me. I shut up. "Will you sing with me?" Bailey asked me excitedly. "Yeah, sure." I said. "Great. Let's rehearse." Nathan said. I blanched. "I can't stay now, my parents are expecting me to get home before they leave for DC. But we'll organise a session; maybe tomorrow?" I asked and Bailey nodded. "Great. Well, see you soon." I said. I nodded at Nathan and behind his back, winked at Bailey before leaving that hallway. 

                                                                       Gemma had texted me that she had safely deposited my stuff with Jonah, who I knew would get everything into my locker before he left. I gathered my stuff and went home. I had rehearsals to plan with Bailey.

A/N:  I AM BAAAACCK!!! 

Finally my exams are done with and my laptop keyboard is fixed. *sighs* 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know it's a filler chapter, but there's a lot of good things in store for them ahead. I have it all planned out. *evil laughter* Don't forget to vote and comment!

Lots of love-D        :)