11-Loss of Control.

"She wanted to know where the coach was." Jonah said with a poker face. I glanced at him. He was a confident liar. "Really?" Matt asked. "Yeah." Jonah nodded. Matt walked till he was standing right in front of me.

"Where is coach?" Matt asked. He was watching Jonah closely, as if issuing a challenge. "In his office, obviously. What's with the lie-detector face dude?" Jonah countered. Matt smirked. "You can't lie to me Jo." Matt said. "I saw the coach to his car today. What's really going on?" Matt asked stonily. Jonah sighed. "Nothing." He sighed finally and began to walk out. "Jonah." Matt said warningly and grabbed Jonah's arm in a vice grip. Jonah grimaced and I stepped forward.

I got between them and shoved Matt in the chest. "What's your problem? We're just talking!" I said angrily. Matt just stared at me. "What you both are friends or something?" Matt asked with slight disbelief. Jonah shook his head at me, but I ignored him. "Maybe we are. What're you going to do about it?" I challenged him. Jonah hissed a warning at me, but I ignored him again. Matt gave me a glare, but I refused to back down. My friends had gone through enough crap to keep him away from me. I wasn't going to let him hurt Jonah.

Matt blinked and I smirked in victory. I turned to Jonah. "You're still driving me home, right?" I asked in a low voice so that only he could hear me. "Yeah. Of course." He said. We were walking through the corridor when the gym door shut with a loud bang. Matt was walking towards us. His expression sent a shiver down my spine. I realised that Matt had cold anger*. Jonah took me by the elbow and told me to keep walking. We got into the parking lot and Matt was still walking behind us in silence.

Jonah got annoyed. "Who are you trying to scare, Matt?" He asked him. Matt ignored him and walked upto me. "What have you done to my best friend?" Matt's tone showed no signs of anger, but I shivered anyway. I swallowed and stared back at him, not giving him answer. The only way to beat an alpha was to defeat him at his game. "Oh, I see. You run from me. You don't talk to me, but you're ready to gossip with my best friend? That's low." Matt said. Only when I heard a few snickers did I realise that we had company. The rest of the basketball team was standing a short distance away. I couldn't back down.

"You're one to talk." I said. Matt smiled. "She does talk!" He smirked, before putting an arm around my shoulder. I squirmed, but he wouldn't let me go. "You see Lee, I have a reputation to live up to. Most people would call me a casanova. It means, and I quote, a man who is passionate about women and has many lovers, unquote. It's a compliment. To you and to me." Matt lectured. I rolled my eyes and shoved him away from me.

Matt raised his hands in surrender. He turned to the rest of the team. "Maybe she'll be nice to me if I talk like Jonah." He turned to me and made puppy eyes. "I'm sorry Bailey. Please can I replace your best friends?" He asked. Jonah looked disgusted. "Stop it Matt. Just let her go home. She's done nothing wrong." Jonah said. Matt turned on him. "Exactly." He hissed. "You knew that I was looking for her. You knew that I wanted to talk to her. Why would you hide this from me?" Matt asked. The group behind fell silent as Matt's angry side started to show.

"Don't act like I've done you some big wrong, Matthew. You managed to scare her away all by yourself." Jonah said and the entire crowd gasped. Matt merely rolled his eyes. He turned to face me. "Is that true?" Matt asked, pointing to Jonah, who refused to meet my eyes. "I'm not scared of you. I'm disgusted." I spat. Jonah stepped away from Matt and we both walked towards his car. I felt Matt grab my arm and rage took over me. I I gripped his arm for support and swung my leg into the side of his torso. He fell to the ground clutching his side, groaning in pain.

"You are the most pathetic person I've ever seen. Shame on you for doubting your best friend. I hope you never get what you want. No one deserves a friend like you. You're a pest." I spat. Jonah had been trying to pull me away from Matt, I shrugged his hands off and walked to the car. I took deep breaths to calm myself. I had no idea where the rage had come from, which meant I had little control over it. I wrapped my arms around myself and leaned against the car, watching Jonah help Matt up. Seeing that act of friendship, I got annoyed. Jonah was an amazing person and didn't deserve shitty friends like Matt.

Jonah said something to Matt and walked to the car. "Are you okay?" He asked. He had concern etched all over his face. I didn't trust myself to speak, so I simply nodded. "Okay. I'll take you home now." He said and walked to he drivers seat. I followed suit, but stopped when my name was called out. "Miss Stanford!" Ms. Young, the principal's assistant was striding across the parking lot towards me. You're not going home right now. Follow me please." She commanded.

My anger turned to fear. "You go ahead. Don't wait." I told Jonah, but he shook his head. "I'm coming." He said. Matt, Jonah and I trailed after Ms. Young into school. She made us sit outside the principal's office and sat at her desk opposite us. "What was that?" She demanded angrily. We all remained silent. "That was absolutely the worst behaviour I've ever seen! Actual physical assault! From a good student!" She shrieked. By Matt and Jonah's stare, I realised that she was talking to me. I looked up and met her angry gaze. "It was provoked." I said and Matt scoffed.

"Mr. Anderson." She said sternly. Matt merely looked at her. "Or what?" Matt asked flippantly and Jonah groaned before burying his head in his hands. "Your fate will be decided by the principal. Get inside, both of you." Ms. Young said to Matt and me. We both got up and Matt held the door open for me, smiling sarcastically. I walked inside to hear the sound of surprise and disappointment in the principal's voice. "What is Miss Stanford doing here?"

It was a shame when you're principal was one of your father's best friends.