Chapter 21

CHAPTER 21.

"Just close your eyes and enjoy the roller coaster that is life." ― Zayn Malik

HARRY'S P.O.V.

After styling my damp hair in a perfect quiff, I exit my messed up room. It looks more like a junk house. My clothes are scattered around the place, the pages of my dairy being ripped apart, now lying on the floor. This is the way I take my anger out. I had no intention to break any furniture from the house so I just messed with my stuff and nothing else. It kind of helped. I guess.

I exit my room and turn around to close the door behind me. There was another click and another door was swayed open which I assume is Beth. I don't want to see her or talk to her or start anything with her and I have no idea why.

"Harry?" Beth spoke.

I could hear my heart beat increasing. Great, when I don't want to talk to her she talks to me and when I do she goes to that ass Jim. I take a deep breath, telling myself to keep calm but fuck it would be so hard. I turn around keeping a straight face. She should know I am in no mood to share a conversation with her.

"Can we talk?" Her voice was low, almost afraid that someone will hear us.

What part of I don't want to talk to you don't you get dammit?

"Make it quick." I plainly answer. I hate being so harsh to her but I can't help it. She needs to know how bad it feels.

"Not here." She shakes her head slightly. "Somewhere else." She informs nervously.

Well this is something surprising. I mean she has never asked me this. I have no plans on going with her somewhere and talk. No, I'm dying to go with her. But no. I have Cassidy, I have plans. If she wants to talk and do it here, I won't listen to her damn demands from now.

"We can ta...." I get interrupted by another voice, her arm snaking around my waist. Cassidy.

"Is everything alright?" She spoke; I could feel her kindness being forced out to Beth.

"Yeah, I-I just wanted to talk to him." Beth answers. I stare at her fiddling hand, she seemed so nervous. They stop their action before she rests them behind her hips uncomfortably when she notices my gaze on them. I look at her, trying to read those expression on her face but it was hard somehow. She looked nervous with a hint of worry making me curious about the talk she wanted to do.

"Yeah, go on." I take her attention, her head darting up to me. Her features change at my words. Hurt was clear on her face, at least for me. She seemed quite taken aback by my different attitude towards her. But why? Why would she want me to be nice to her? Even after what had happened. After all that shit I got through. It is a whole new person speaking to her, a harsh one.

Her mouth parts to say something but she stops, her eyes flicking to Cassidy then back to me. She was fighting for something inside but couldn't get to a decision, it was clear.

"I just....uh....F-forget it." The way she searched for her words and how her voice changed showed me that something was wrong and I felt a lot more concerned. I'll actually tell you what I felt....I felt like taking her hand and tugging her into my room. After she explains what had been going on or is it that ass Jim -I'll beat him this time I swear if it's because of him-. I'll do anything to make her forgot everything; to make her forgot everything, to make her forget the world and just think about the things we could have. Just once.

"Are you sure?" I couldn't help but be more polite to her this time. It obviously got me worried to see her so confused and worried about something and I'll find out sooner or later. She nods as her answer, not making any eye contact before brushing past us. My mind is only thinking about what was going on with Beth. I have not seen her in this position as long as I remember; she never came to talk to me, ever.