Chapter 28.

CHAPTER 28.

"To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved." -George MacDonald

BETH'S P.O.V

I absolutely, ultimately and utterly regret reading his conversation and now I feel a heavy weight on my chest. My heart is aching and the plan of having breakfast with him is pulling me down. I don't want to. I want to go home. I still have a headache and the decision of taking in Advil before I will leave had vanished from my mind.

I jump at the contact of his palm resting on my bare thigh. His hand warm against by cold skin. My head snapping towards him. Harry's eyes are already on me, I didn't even acknowledge that the car had stopped. I somehow feel uncomfortable under his touch; I should not be feeling this.

"Come on." He flashes a cheeky smile, his eyes sparkling with excitement. I nod at him, forcing a smile. He hops out of the car, forgetting his phone in the vehicle. I grabbed his phone, sighing at the empty screen. This is so annoying. Can't I spend a good day with him? This is pissing me off and making me emotional.

My side of the door sways open, the cooled breeze directly hitting my body. Harry takes out his hand for me to take instead a placed his phone on it and hopped off the car. I instantly felt the cooled going up and down my body and wished for a jacket. There is a chuckle from Harry as he pushes the door close.

"That was supposed to be for you." He slips his phone in his back jeans pocket not leaving our eye contact. The wind has gotten quite cooled and I feel my body temperature lowering.

I take small steps forward, Harry following me. My attitude toward him is forcing its way out and my attempt to hold is going useless. He finally catches my speed which wasn't much and walks next me. The breeze was sending chills down my body; I wrapped my arms around myself in attempt to stop a few. Harry notices my actions, smirking to himself.

"I hadn't notice the weather or I would have told you to grab a jacket." He informs lifting his arm up. "Come here." He motions me to come closer to his body.

My mind is forcing me to deny his offer and show him the best attitude that I could muster but my body works the total opposite. I smile looking up at him before coming closer. His heavy, muscular arms fall on top of my shoulder, vanishing the distance that we once had.

I plan on letting go of the thoughts hunting my mood and decide to spend a good time with him at least for now but the thoughts won't leave me alone and I don't blame them. It's not something to push back easily especially when you have no knowledge about the story.

Harry turns us towards the small shop. From the look of the anterior design, it seemed like a typical coffee shop not somewhere I would really go but my thoughts change as soon as we enter the small place. The interior design was rather fascinating and elegant. The place hardly had any customer and I guess we're the only ones. My nose fills with the aroma of coffee and freshly baked bun, my stomach grumbling louder than intended. Harry's head snaps down at me, a chuckle vibrating from him. My cheeks tingle with heat as I stare down at our feet. I couldn't help but adore how his foot was a bit too large compered to mine.

"Hungry are we?" He whispers in my ear, brushing his lips with my flesh a head of the ear. Some realization knocks into me and I found myself moving away from him. I regret it the instant Harry's eyes meet mine. He was confused by my actionable but covered it with a small smile. Harry looks away and in front of him to the counter, I watch as his dimples deepen after seeing a particular old lady walking out.

"Mumica!" Harry shouts excitedly, his hand coming in front of his body as he walks towards the lady. Her head snaps towards us, her small eyes going wider under the glasses she wore. Her feature change in an instant after spotting Harry.