Chapter 40.

CHAPTER 40.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."
- Mother Teresa

HARRY'S P.O.V.

I know I fucked things all up. I fucked it real bad. But I'm not the only one to be blamed now; she was the root of it. She knew very well that I hated her having conversation with him or even be near his presence. Yet, I see them fucking hugging him at her office, just right in front of me. I swear to God if it wasn't her office hallway I would have beaten every leaving shit out of him. I was furious and raging with anger that nothing made sense.

Everything I thought led me to the conclusion of her leaving me. Of Dave winning her. Of them having something and I had to ask her, just to relax my own soul that she's still with me.

She thought Marie and I still have something, she literally doubted me and that's what got me fuming. Then I realized how she had felt when I asked the exact question but before I could stop pushing the situation she pushed it even more.

I didn't realize the lack of trust I had. Actually, it was Dave that I didn't trust. He has some fucking charm that snatches the girls I fancy. And he always wins, always. I wanted to tell Beth the reason I used Marie. But I couldn't, it just never came out of my lips.

Marie used to reject me every time I would ask her to hangout or stuff. And I now realize that all I wanted was a game, to prove her that she will want me. She has to want me, just like the past me and Beth shared. And she did, she did want me. Marie sometimes reminded me of Beth. The way she was so fucking arrogant and appealing. It just gets a man hooked. We dated for a week, nothing special. It only consisted of intimate moments. Until the night Matt invited me to Beth's birthday. Coincidence was that it was the night before we had slept. I ended the things after meeting Beth which now for them is 'using'.

And that fucking bastred Dave fed all this shit to Beth so I don't blame her for doubting me like that. What hit me in the heart was how hurt she he got after knowing that I didn't trust her enough and the flattering part was how she won't ever look at any men the way she looks at me.

I didn't know how hurtful my shit was that she was at the urge of tears. My grip so tight that it irritated the delicate skin of her.

Being a man, I decide to apologize, for the 3rd time, in a special way. It is our one month anniversary today. So with that decision I was wide awake the whole last night searching for her favorite food, Mexican food. That was hell of a job. Then this morning I went out to get groceries for the food I'll be preparing today. Zesty Tacos.

After taking almost 3 hours of preparing the food with perfection, and I must say I did a great job, I cleared my place, everything in its perfect order. I got dressed in a green button down shirt, a new one, and the usual black jeans and boots. Grabbing a coat keeping Beth in mind and how she gets cold, my nervousness started to build. Before leaving my house I had lightened cherry scented candles, I prefer cinnamon but she was sneezing non-stop when I did. That was a real hilarious sight.

I'm certainly not aware of the nervousness growing inside me when I park the car just next to Beth's. I'm quite sure she'll take her car as an excuse to avoid coming home with me. But she can't argue with me for long.

I smile at the same boy standing behind the desk who almost shouted for the visitor's card while I was walking away yesterday. I shake the same card in the air, smiling sheepishly. He nods in response, returning the smile. During the small elevator ride I kept reminding myself to stay fucking calm if he is with her, I trust her.

I silently made my way towards the other desk, a blonde lady busy on her computer just behind it. Her attention diverts towards me as soon as I reach the desk and she smiles politely.

"Good evening Sir, how may I help you?" She twists her seat towards my direction to face me.

"Good evening." I smile. "May I know where Bethany Walker's office is?"

The women eyes me from head to toe, an humming sound coming from her closed lips before she points to the left.

"It's the second one, down the hall." She directs and I nod.

"Thank you." I answer and she nods, again.

"My pleasure."

My boots' thud echoes around the silent hall, few people looking at me curiously. The place is quite fascinating actually. Everything almost eyes catching. My palms are moist when I reach the glass door which certainly is Beth's. Will she be mad at me for being here? Will she even talk to me? What if she tells me to leave right in front of Dave.

I shake my head lightly, pushing the ridiculous thoughts away from my brain. My knuckles tap on the glass door before falling down to my side waiting for her response.

"Come in." Her voice replies and I waste no time in pulling the door open. The place is warm when I step in, my eyes instantly landing on the girl stood in front of a grey shelf, her back facing me.

"I'm sorry I couldn't come for tea, I was just so nervous after the meeting." She ruffles throw the papers in frustration and I somewhat smile, my eyes trailing up and down her body, my jaw almost dropping.

"My mind was just wr-" She turns on her heals stopping mid-sentence after realizing who she was talking to. I shut my almost open mouth, searching for her reaction before taking in her damn new look. She wore a green dress, a darker color than mine, which hugged her body perfectly as always. A black belt was buckled around her waist and she was wearing those fucking black striped pantyhose with those damn heels. I have never seen her in those but now that I did I felt a bulge growing atop my jeans.

"What are you doing here?" She shuts her file and I cover my growing bulge with the coat in my hand.

"To see how incredibly sexy my baby looks tonight." I smirked scratching the nape of my neck, my left eye dropping in a cheeky wink. Her brown eyes grow wide after hearing my words, her cheeks instantly turning a bright shade of pink. It takes her no time to recover and she spins on her heels looking away from me. I could feel her hiding the bright blush and the forceful smile. After a few seconds of silence, my lips still curved in a smirk, I watch as she walks towards her desk with the black file and sets it on top of it. She is trying her best not to show any reaction in return of my intense gaze and I take that as a challenge.

"I won't be free for another hour, you can go home." She simply informs, her eyes glued to the papers on her desk. I watch as she settles on her chair, scribbling something on the paper. It's quite frustrating how she's mad at me and stubborn, I feel like throwing her over my shoulder and taking her away. But I won't leave without her in any case.

"Then I'll wait for you." I grinned, tossing the coat on the black leather couch. Her eyes flick towards me, irritation clear in her features and I couldn't help the huge smile forcing its way out.

"Harry, I just told you that I-" She gets interrupted by a soft knock on the door. Beth takes a deep breath, rubbing her temple with her hands. I decide not to push her any further; she is in no mood for it.

"Come in." She clears her throat before speaking. I dig my hands in my pocket, turning to the pulling door only to find that dic-Dave stepping in. Our eyes connect instantly but he looks away, looking at me from head to toe instead. Haven't he seen me before? My anger is being controlled successfully and I pray it stays like this. He is also dressed up in a suit, and of course, wearing a fucking green type shaded tie. Is it fucking green day today or what?

"H-harry, what are you doing here?"

"It's my girlfriend's office." The words come out before I stop them and I can feel the angry gaze of Beth on me. But I won't step back; he should know better not to mess up with me. We aren't in good terms.

"N-no, I was just.." He searches for words but Beth interrupts him, obviously taking his side.

"Dave, May I have the papers please?" She stands up offering her hand. Dave looks back and forth between the two of us, blinking a few times before turning towards Beth. This ass is trying to act so fucking innocent. Trust me, he's nothing near to it.

I settle on the couch, my elbow resting on the arm rest as I watch the both of them discuss about some paper crap. My eyes are fixed on every move Dave tries to make, how he looks at her while talking. I haven't lost it yet but I will if he goes any further, I won't stop myself from fucking beating him until he cannot move any longer.

I then decide to look at Beth, how she slowly moves her glossy lips, how her pen is taken between her teeth as she thinks making the crave of her grow. She tugs her hair on one side of the shoulder, her face hiding because of the hair and I'm sure she did it deliberately. A smile form on my face with just the thought of her concentration dividing towards me just because of my stare. I really love the affect I have on her.

My eye trail down to her bent legs that I could see from behind the desk. My brain immediately starts to fantasize about how I'll be taking it off her body when we reach home. Or maybe she can stay in them while I make love to her. Fuck, How much I want her, the picture of us plays in my mind and my sexual desire grows even more, so does the damn bulge on my jeans. She was actually serious about the hour, I kept looking back and forth between Dave and Beth and now my neck hurts. I bet each corner of my house would be scented with cherry.

I watch as she gets up from her seat, nodding in Dave's direction. She laughs lowly at something he just said and I look away to avoid any anger that will surely grow inside me. Her heels thud towards the shelf that stands next to the couch, my eyes yet again taking a look of her. I'll never get enough of that.

I narrow my eyes at Dave, somewhat curious of what he's doing. He's doing the exact same thing that I am. He is fucking staring at her, his lips curved into a shitty smirk. The grip around my coat tightens and I hold on to the anger boiling inside me. I fight the urge of smacking his fucking face. My gaze is dropped down to the floor as I take steady breaths to calm myself down.

"I was expecting you to join me for a cup of tea. It was quite lonely." He ends his sentence with a laugh which dries off when I glare at him. I look back down; trying to think something that will calm me down and shut this fuckers mouth somehow, but he won't shut the fuck up that easily.

"Err...My...I had work to finish. S-sorry." Beth's back is facing the both of us but I could feel the teasing gaze of Dave on me. My nerves calm a little after listening to Beth, It was clear that she had no plans to have tea with this dick.

"It's ok." He shrugs. "By the way, you look amazing today. Well, you always look amazing, no doubt." My attempt to control the anger ends right here and I stand up on my feet. Both head turns towards me and I still struggle with my decision of shutting his shit mouth before losing it completely. I conclude with dealing with Dave at a time when Beth's not around and decide to take her home a bit forcefully. I've had enough of this fucking bastard near me.

"Let's go home." I walk towards Beth, her eyes showing a hint of fear. My hand grabs hers, intertwining our fingers. She peers up, astound, her eyeliner and mascara adding to the wide brown eyes of hers. She surprises me by nodding and not pulling her hand away from mine.

"I have to get a few files from Mr.James. I'll be back and we can leave." She informs, trying to slide her hand from my hold. Before releasing her hand, I lean down to press my lips on her cheek long enough for Dave to see. She takes a step back for me a bit too early and made her way towards the exit. Not only mine but Dave's eyes were also on her as she departs leaving the both of us alone.

I stomp towards Dave, taking out the anger that I had kept. My fingers grasp the fucking green tie of his, forcefully pulling him of the chair. Before he could react I pushed him against the wall, his back hitting the concrete hard. My grip tightens around his tie almost chocking him, but not hard.

"Look at my girl once more like that and I swear to god I'll beat every fucked up piece of shit inside you. I'm warning you now you better keep your shit together." I spat, pressing his head hard to the wall. He laughs.

"Or what? You're going to beat me? Harry, we both know you are going to end up using the beautiful girl and she'll come to me eventually." My hands fists in a ball and I smack his abdomen hard without realizing how hard it is. I wanted to hit him so bad. Dave groans in pain, bending down to hold the hurt area but I push him against the wall again.

"She isn't going anywhere. She is my girlfriend. Get that in your damn head." I scathingly spoke. Now he is provoking me to smack his face literally.

"We'll see about that after a few days, mate. You know I don't have to make any effort. She'll be on my door step to fuck me in no time." And my punch flew up again, smacking his cheek hard. The impact made him stumble to the other side but I held his tie, almost chocking him this time.

"She won't give a fuck to a shit piece like you." I shout at him, my breath getting heavy for some reason. I don't remember being this angry for a while.

"Bullshit! You don't even get to see how hot her arse looks..." My knuckles rose up, smacking right on his nose before he could finish his sentence. His teeth scratched the skin of my last finger. He mumbled a few words, his palm resting on his now bloody nose.

"Say that about her one more time and you'll be seeing blood on every shit part of you." I warn, my chest rising and falling rapidly. There is blood slightly flowing out of my finger and I try not to keep attention on it. Unaware of his sudden hand that rose up, his knuckles making contact with my lips. My head turns with the impact and I'm sure my lips are busted.

"You are nothing but a dick who likes to get in every girl it sees." Dave spats, placing his palms on my chest and pushing me back with great force.

"You think you can get her to fuck you. But this time it will be me, not you." He walks towards me and I take less time to come in consciousness but before I could make a move there is a screech sound from the door signaling Beth's entrance. Both of us act quickly in increasing the distance between us, him turning towards the shelf while I walk opposite to him and turn towards the large window.

The pain of my lower lip increases and I take it between my teeth, easing the pain with the pad of tongue. Her foot steps are steady but not in my direction. I take my time to catch my heavy breath, to calm myself down.

"Oh my god! What happened? Are you okay?" Beth panics and I roll my eyes although she can't see me. I surely hope that he won't tell her just now. I can't really imagine her reaction after acknowledging the little fight but I'm quite sure she'll be ever madder than she already is.

"Yeah yeah. It's just...it's just my allergy or something. Nothing to worry about really." I could tell by his voice that he is holding his nose.

"Are you sure?" Why the fuck does she even cares?

"Y-yeah. See you tomorrow, yeah?" I'm forced to turn around just to make sure they aren't hugging again, if he is then I'll really lose it. Beth moves away giving space for him to go. He narrows his eyes at me one last time before departing from the office finally leaving us alone.

When I look up at Beth, her eyes are already on me. Her features showing furiousness and disappointment. I look down at my hands, picking on the scratch which is slightly covered with blood.

Her footsteps echo towards my direction and I avoid any possible contact, my lip is still tugged between my teeth, my eyes still on the scratch. I can see her heels just above me, her fingers wrapping around my wrist to lower it for a clear view. She looks up at me and a thrill runs down spine. Beth's eyes then flick towards my lips tugged in and I pray to god that she leaves this and just come with me, I've had enough of this drama.

Her thumb rests on my chin, pulling the lip down. A soft gasp released from her lips at the view of my irritating cut. The aggravated cut on my lips start to hurt more than before. Her pad of her thumb made in contact with my injury in a feather like touch and even that hurt. I hiss at the sensation, her hand swiftly dropping to her side.

"Did you beat him?" Her voice is plain, no sign of any emotion. I stay silent for a while, trying to think of something that will make her less mad at me.

"He started it." I burst.

"I can't believe this." She mumbles.

She turns towards her table and for a moment I thought she's leaving but instead she pulls out her purse. She is leaving. Fuck. fuck.

"Beth!" I walk towards her, trying to hold her arm but she acts quick, moving away from my grip.

BETH'S P.O.V.

"I actually thought you came here to apologies." I confess, winding my paperwork. My anger towards him had grown even more than it was before. I did not expect this to happen while I'm gone. He doesn't even know what he did and how hard it will be for me now.

"I swear I was. It's just D..." Before he could finish his excuse, I grab my purse and one of the files making my way out of my office. His hand grasps my wrist which is already irritating since yesterday.

"Leave me." I hear his footsteps a while later, almost jogging in my direction. I smile at the women behind the reception desk but she was too busy eyeing someone else behind me. Her eyes grow a little wide at something and I don't bother to look what it is.

I'm extremely pissed at Harry's behavior. I had been avoiding Dave for the whole day just because of Harry despises us together. I skipped my tea break because Dave had asked me to join him and now my head hurts even more.

By my surprise Harry is silent in the hall as we wait for the left, his hand still trying to grab my but don't let him, holding the file with it. I mentally thank god for having a few people in the elevator already when it shows up, or else we would have started our argument just there.

The workers looked at Harry who is standing behind me, their eyes flashing with fright and they both look away in unison. I take a deep breath, mentally preparing myself for the awkward few seconds coming up. I felt Harry's hand slipping around my waist when the door shuts. I glare up at him, my gaze warning him but he takes his chance to peck at my lips. Astound, I watch him glaring at one of the males across the escalator, understanding his previous actions now. He is possessive. Too fucking possessive to even trust me for instance.

Being the lady, I got to exit first and I took that as my advantage to increase our distance. I hand Samuel my card, saying a simple good night before departing the office building and into the cold breeze.

I have perfect reasons to be mad at him. 1) He needs to stop telling me what to do each time. 2) He needs to stop being over-protective and over think things. 3) He needs to fucking trust me.
I found myself up till 4am just fantasizing things about Harry. It was actually hard for me to push his dimpled smile and those green sparkling eyes away now about the situation between our relationship. I did expect him to call at least, but I did not expect him to show up at my office all dressed up in some new shirt. Not to forget mentioning how breathtaking he looks in it. In everything in that case.

"God dammit Beth! Stop walking and listen to me." Harry's strong grip wraps around my wrist sharply turning me to face him.

"Why can't you see the fucking way he looks at you?" He almost screams and I flinch.

"Why does it even matter Harry?"

"It does matter ok? It matters to me. I don't want any guy to look at you that way but me."

"That doesn't mean you break people's nose." I argue.

"I could have break his damn bones if he went any further." He spats and I stare at him confused.

"Didn't you see how he tried to flirt with you near me? How he...." He pauses, pulling his hair. "Beth why don't you stop defending that dick and understand what I'm trying to do here." He shouts, really shouts at me taking a step towards me. Frightened for a second, I take a step away from him. Even in the dark I could feel his features softening slowly, his eyes turning into its original color than the horrifying dark ones.

I easily feel a knot stuck in my throat. Tears started to threaten to spill for some reason. He knows how much I hate when someone screams. He knows it hurts double the already pain and now it does.

I simply turn around after feeling a tear rolling down my cheek. My heels click on the floor in a slow pace and I take my time to clear my face. But as much as I wipe it away, the more tears roll down my eyes without notice. I don't know I'm crying. Maybe it's because I've been holding this since yesterday. I didn't cry once yesterday, trying to convince myself that it was nothing and he'll back to apologies and then kiss you to make it feel better. But it had gotten too late to wait.

I heard him cussing behind, his footsteps jogging towards me. I don't bother to increase my pace, I don't want to run away from him. God, these mixed emotions are driving me crazy.

"Beth." Harry's voice is calm compared to the previous tone. His grip is light as he forces me towards him.

"No, leave me." I protest, making my weeping obvious. I push him away, dodging his hand but failed terribly. He wrapped his hands around my waist forcefully, pulling me towards him ,I take that as my chance to take all that I had kept.

"Shhhh!" Harry rubs his palm on my lower back. "Baby! Sshh....I'm sorry."

"You know I hate shouting Harry. You know that." I sob.

"I know, sweetheart. I know." He tries to calm me down and I nuzzle myself deeper in his warm embrace. I haven't forgiven him yet, but I needed this. I really need this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for updating for so long. My papers just ended and now I have loads of guests at my place. This was the earliest I could update. hahah!
This didn't come at as I wanted to because I'm sick too. Fml. :(

and now the trailer that was made for this story os in the youtube link. Check it out if you haven't! :)
Love love love you guys loads.

VOTE VOTE VOTE
COMMENT COMMENT
FOLLOW ME! :)