Chapter 38.

Harry does not know that they work together, I changed it of you're still confused. :)

CHAPTER 38.

“Even in the familiar there can be surprise and wonder.” 

― Tierney Gearon

BETH'S P.O.V.

I drive past the slow moving vehicles, humming along the tracks being played on the radio. Harry being the sleepy head he is couldn't get up this time too. I don't even know when he left my place; it must have gotten pretty late.

From all that I can remember from last night was him singing me to sleep. And of course the things before that. I didn't knew what to do at first but it surely gets into someone after sometime, it came to me itself and the thought makes me flush bright red. The picture of him at that very moment is extremely overwhelming.

My phone begins to ring when I stop my car at the traffic signal. The traffic seemed to be completely packed around here and after working for I week I was found of this encounter that happened twice. Now I just leave half an hour early.

Harry's name appears on my screen with one of his cheeky picture that always brings a smile on my lips. I answer it giggling, somewhat knowing his first words.

"I'm late aren't I?" He chuckled lightly, his voice assuring me that he just got up.

"Yes." I giggle.

"Damn it. How can you wake up so early? It's freakin' 8am in the morning." He huffs, his words coming out lazily.

"It's ok. I never told you to get up. You aren't the morning person." I realize the change red to green and start my car. 

"But I will pick...." The phone is dropped to my lap as soon as I realize a policeman standing on the tarmac of the road. It was like his eyes were on me but I kept normal, driving away from the place. I grab my phone again after the man was in no view.

"I'll call you later babe. I'm driving. Love you." I quickly end the call without listening to Harry jist because I knew his response would be teasing me for using 'babe'. These words just slip from my mouth now.

Dave is already in Mr. James office when reach and he gives my bright smile.

"Good morning." I smile closing the door behind me. Both of them answer at the same time before chuckling at each other. How can I forget how friendly and open are boss is. The total opposite of what I had imagined.

"Walker, We were just talking about you. Have a seat." My boss greets, motioning me to have a seat on the couch next Dave. I nod in response, my heels clicking at the pavement as I walk towards the cream white couch. I felt uncomfortable under Dave's gaze, his eyes trailing up and down my dress as I march towards him.

Our knees brush when I settle on the couch, the furniture being too small to provide enough space between us. I scoot away slightly, ending the contact between my knee and his thigh.

We talk for almost half an hour, laughing at one minute and serious the others. Mr.James kept telling the both of us that he is lucky to have such intelligent and responsible people like us. He is really the best boss around here. He appreciates are hard work so much that it increases confidence inside me.

The day went out quite quick and I decide to leave early today, I haven't heard from Harry since this morning and it's getting me a little worried for some reason. He didn't text back or even called. I really don't like it when he does that, it gets me furious and frustrated at times. I sometimes wonder if he even has his phone with him or not.