Chapter 32.

CHAPTER 32.

“Nothing is perfect. Life is messy. Relationships are complex. Outcomes are certain. People are irrational."
-Hugh Mackay

BETH'S P.O.V.

"Harry?" Marie spoke. 

Fuck no. Fuck. Fucking Marie.

Great, Our day has to get ruined right? Hell, I could just see how it'll get ruined now.

Harry's grip on my hand losses slightly when he recognized the girl but I kept my grip not willing to let go. Dave sat in front of her, looking at Harry then at me and then back at Harry. His features carried a frightened look, he could not keep his contact with Harry somehow.

"Harry?" Marie gets up, not giving me any glance. It's like I'm not even standing here.

"M-marie, hey." Harry hesitantly spoke. She walks over towards us-Harry- smiling. You could see her pierced belly button due to the shirt she wore.

"How were you? Thought you'd at least call." Her voice came out as a squeak at the end due to the swore throat I assume which only reminds me of Cassidy.

Speaking of Cassidy, By my surprise she actually called me this morning to congratulate me for the job although I was only going for the interview. Astounding me to a great extend, she apologized for her actions previously. I have to catch up with Megan about all this today but Harry had already made plans for a movie. He'll change his mind, Beth. Trust me.

I followed Harry as he walked towards the table Dave and Marie were settled previously. Dave stands up and smiles in my direction and I pass a small myself.

"Great to meet you again, Beth." He politely speaks, Harry's grip on my hand tightening. 

"You too, Dave. How have you been?" I ask, mustering my best smile. He seems so nice than her..

"Great. I didn't knew you worked." He surveys me from head to toe and then gazes back at my face. Before I could answer his questions my body was sharply pulled towards Harry's who was slipping inside the couch. The grip of our hands reddening my skin. I turn towards Harry, trying to get my hand off if his but his jaw was tensing as he stared at Dave.

I avoid the conversation with Dave after seeing Harry's pissed expressions. I can't really get why does he gets so pissed when I talk to a male. Dave and I were talking as friends and I don't want to stop talking to him and be rude while all he is nice to me. But then again, I don't want to disrupt the situation than it already is.

Harry and Marie start to make conversations about some of the memories I guess while Dave just commented each time at how ridiculous they were. Harry doesn't realize that I know who she actually is.

My stomach started to grumble and my hunger grew. I wanted to get myself something but it would be disrespectful to be the only one munching on a table.
I place my palm on Harry's thigh to gain his attention. He turns towards me laughing at something she just said.

"Wanna get something? I'm hungry." Harry stares at the posters and boards behind me with an uninterested look.

"I'm not much up for lunch. Just get yourself something, I'll munch from there." Harry covers his offending answer with a smile. Oh.

Without smiling back, I got up from my place marching towards the starting line. My heels made a louder noises than intended but I somehow couldn't help it.

Why does he makes me feel like a nobody near his friends? From all them, Dave has been the only sweet person. He even trusted me which I can't believe honestly but nevertheless, I'm so grateful for him. And then Harry gets pissed when I talk to him.