3 - He's Proper Good Too

AN - sup ma homies!! here we finally go!!! I know it took me forever to upload this but here we go! It seems nigh on impossible to get the rating changed back to pg but i will keep trying!!!

this an need to be super quick and i am sorry for seeming rude or whatever but i love youuuuuuuuuuu aaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllll

CONTENT WARNING - MILD LANGUAGE

Louis had sort of seen it coming – the bullying, that is – but that didn’t make it any easier to deal with. No, Louis had never been exactly popular, but he always had people to sit with at lunch, and everyone always laughed at his jokes in class. It was just how it was, Louis was a nice guy, funny too, and some people would smile at him in the corridors even though they didn’t explicitly know him.

However, things changed after that very first sneer of ‘Queer’ in the corridor on the first day of year 10.

To Stan (8:10am): Mate where are you, we’re gonna be late… x

Louis typed quickly, three days into the new school year. He was leaning against the familiar, graffitied lamppost that he had waited by every morning for the past two years, waiting for Stan to meet him so that they could walk to school.

Louis was quietly hoping that Stan would hurry up, because there was a bus-stop across the road that Louis knew would come bumbling down the road any minute, before opening the doors and pouring out the popular kids who lived out of town. He didn’t want to be standing there when that bus arrived, he wanted to have at least half an hour longer without the jibes about boys.

From Stan (8:12am): Oh um, I’m walking with a mate from my Geog. class… sorry I guess I forgot to tell you.

Louis swore.

It probably meant nothing, but Louis couldn’t help the slow burning of rejection in his stomach.

To Stan (8:13am): oh okay then, see you at school mate

Louis swore again, and made his way to school, alone.

~-~

“Ok ladies and gents, we’re playing volleyball today.” The sports teacher, Ms Streeter, announced, smiling at the class who groaned before her, “We’re splitting the sports hall into two pitches – one for the boys and one for the girls – and I will nominate four of you to be the team captains for the rest of this term, then we will swap, okay?”

Niall groaned whilst Liam sat up a little straighter, excited to be finally back in the sports hall.

“Okay,” Ms Streeter began, “Grace up you get, you’re a team captain for this term.”

Grace groaned and ambled up to the front, dragging her feet and picking at her black nail varnish, “Miss, you know I hate sport…”

Ms Streeter grinned, “However I am sure you will be a highly enthusiastic team captain, am I right?”

Grace snorted, and pulled her ponytail tighter.

“Right,” Ms Streeter continued, clapping her hands together and smiling back at the rest of the class, “Liam! You will be a sports captain for this term, okay?”

Liam cheered quietly and jumped to his feet, picking his way through his cross-legged classmates to stand at the front next to Grace.

“Kate! You’re up! Please button up your PE shirt, this isn’t page 3, and join us at the front!” Ms Streeter said; ignoring the blazing glare Kate was shooting her way.