26 - Twenty-One Days

AN - hey guys!! I feel like this one is quite long compared to normal?? Am I right or am I just being hopeful, haha.

ANYWAY ONTO A MORE IMPORTANT MATTER FUCK ME SIDEWAYS GUYS OMG! Okay so if you read BFY and you read my AN's then you know that my ALLTIME favourite band is The Fray, like, no-one competes. Basically, they never ever ever come to England and I was convinced that I would never get to see them live and (no word of a lie guys) I cried at least once a week to my friend about how much i love them and how much i want to see them live....... GUESS WHO IS FUCKING SEEING THEM LIVE IN LONDON IN SEPTEMBER YES THATS RIGHT GUYS ME                               i am BUZZING guys i can hardly breATHE.

Okay heartattack over, I really hope you like this chapter guys, it turned out very differently to how I planned it when I started writing it, but hey ho lets just roll with it.

Love you all soso much, sweetums!!!!!!!!!!

PS. GUYS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA IM SEEING THE FRAY FML

TRIGGER WARNING - homophobic verbal abuse (I really need to start putting these warnings at the beginning of each chapter again, I'm sorry I'm so lazy)

School the next day was hell.

Louis had walked alone to school that morning, letting Daisy and Harry have the space that he wanted – and letting himself have some time to take some deep and slow breathes to calm his heart rate before he stepped into the school’s premises. It was terrifying; it really was; because Louis knew what was going to happen there. He knew that he would get abuse from others, but he couldn’t come up with a good enough excuse to tell him Mum to get a day off school.

He had to walk passed the bike racks to get to the entrance that was close to his form room, but skipped Daisy’s and Harry’s; and the smokers stared him down as he walked past, flicking their ashes in his general direction and Louis heard at least four obscenely homophobic comments wheezed through tarred lungs. Thinking about it, Louis knew it would be stupid to walk past the bike racks as it was the only place outdoors in the school that wasn’t visible from a classroom, so the smokers were drawn to that area like bees to nectar but he just didn’t want to risk seeing Daisy looking heartbroken, or risk seeing Harry notice him and then turn away.

When he eventually slipped into the corridor to walk the last couple of metres to his classroom it hit him like a freight train how many students obviously used Twitter. Every eye was locked on him, and at least four people went out of their ways to shove into him, and even more veered well out of his way like he was contagious and had something that spread fast.

Mostly though, it was just staring. Disconcertingly intense staring. It was like he was a controversial new painting in a prestigious London gallery, and everyone from around the globe were travelling to just simply stare at the painting in either horror or simply pure confusion. Most people didn’t try to hurt him, physically or otherwise, but instead they separated themselves from him in a way that is almost unnoticeable – and they did it simply by making him a spectacle. Inhuman. Something to be observed.

Eventually Louis was slipping into his form room and racing to the very back. As soon as he reached his seat he slumped down into his chair, sat his bag on the desk and rested his forehead on the wooden surface, effectively blocking his face from the rest of the room. Despite the fact that he couldn’t see the other students, he could still hear them and what they were saying made him feel nauseous.

“So s’it true then? What Gav was sayin’ on Twitter?” “What about Louis cheating on Daisy with Harry?” “Yeah.” “I think so, I’ve seen them walking home together loads and they always walk too close to each other for normal mates, you know?”