11 - I Have a Girlfriend

A/N - Hiya guys!!! Now I realise that I didn't update yesterday (even though it was update day) and I am sooo sorry but I have a legitimate reason!!

Anyway, I really hope that this is worth the wait, and that it doesn't make as little sense as it did to me as I was writing it haha!

If you want to leave me lovely comments, then, y'know, I'm always up for that as you know.

ALSO GUYS, IF YOU HAVE ANY SPARE MONEY OF YOUR OWN OR IF YOU CAN GET SOME FROM YOUR PARENTS/CARERS/FAMILY OR ANYTHING, PLEASE DONATE TO 'DEC' WHICH IS THE APPEAL TO HELP THOSE DEVESTATED IN THE PHILIPPINES. IT IS SO WORTHWHILE, AND THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WHO NEED OUR HELP.

Okay that little bit over (seriously though, if you do have some money sitting in your PayPal account that is being unused, this is the best place to spend it) I do hope that you enjoy this!

Love you all, my beautiful sweetums!!

They’d been there for approximately two hours. A young-ish lad (dark haired and clad in torn jeans), who had travelled down from someplace near Warrington, had covered a few John Mayer classics; a duo of equally undressed girls had taken the stage after him, and they sang a couple of Jessie J songs (and Louis had to admit it, even though it pained him dearly, they weren’t actually too bad); and now they were in the fifteen minute interval before Harry’s friend was due to perform.

It was nice, sitting with Niall, Liam and Harry, and sipping on a rum and coke. Louis really, really liked it. Everyone was giggly and happy, and Harry had hooked his right foot with Louis’ left, and Louis felt almost like he belonged.

“Are you serious?! You’ve seen them live twice?!” Liam exclaimed to Louis when the conversation drifted to The Kings of Leon.

Louis nodded, “Yeah my Mum is mates with a mutual friend and gets tickets all the time, I can get you some for their next gig if you want?”

Liam smiled brightly and nodded, sitting back in his chair contentedly, smiling at Harry and nodding approvingly when Louis wouldn’t notice.

Harry was right, Louis was lovely.

Niall kept pointing out these two girls who had been hanging around the bar since they arrived; they looked foreign, Italian, maybe? Spanish? Either way, Niall couldn’t stop going on about how hot they were, and Louis found it highly amusing.

“I’m serious, like, they’re probably only eighteen,” Niall said, eyes locked on the shorted of the two, “If I word m’self carefully, I could definitely land one.”

Harry rolled his eyes and began to play with Louis’ little finger, “Sure, Niall.” And Louis didn’t know how to feel about the cold, long fingers that were making him hot all over.

Louis really wasn’t drunk.

Really, he had only had two Jagerbombs, two rum and cokes and a Long Island Iced Tea split between Harry and himself. Harry had matched him drink for drink, and happily stole sips from Niall’s cups when the poor lad turned around to look meaningfully at a pretty girl across the room.

“Want to come outside with me, Lou?” Harry said suddenly, pushing away from the table and standing up.

Louis nodded.

“C’mon then, babes.”

~-~

It was dark outside and really quite fucking cold.

There was frost lining the curbs, from where the puddles from the earlier rain had begun to cool in the night air. Thin beams of golden light were tumbling out from the cracks in the curtains of the houses across the road, and Louis wondered briefly if the people living in there were having such a lovely time as he. The moon was out, and the stars were beginning to twinkle if you looked close enough. You would have to tilt your head up, to look above the artificial brightness of the streetlamps, but if you were willing to throw your head back and stare up into the sky, you could see the twinkling of the stars just as they begin to awaken.