21 - Fortune Cookies

AN - Now I'm going to admit it now, this chapter is so bad because i wrote it in like, twenty minutes and its so rushed because I wasn't going to bother updating today because I felt so sleepy, but I felt so bad leaving you without an update without warning, so I wrote this quickly and I hope its okay!

Okay just as a heads up, I am going on my hiatus now. This means that I won't be updating next week or the week after on mondays. However, if I do randomly find time I maaaaaaaaaay update, but probably not. My next definite update will be on February 24th and it would mean the world to me if you don't stop reading this, due to the two week gap!! I love you all so much, and I'd hate to lose you!

Anyway, the dress in the sidebar is what Daisy wore on the date. HOW PRETTY IS IT???????? i really want to get it, haha!

Love you all so much, my lovely sweetums! thank you!

ps. just realised i have completely stopped trigger warnings for language... oh well i think you have all gathered by now that i swear a lot, haha! I will absolutely do trigger warnings though, if a chapter involves any form of self harm or anything seriously triggering like an eating disorder or alcohol abuse.

Louis wasn’t entirely sure what he was expecting when he walked up Daisy’s front path to collect her for their date; but what he was met with was undeniably positive.

Daisy had curled her hair like she had the first time Louis had seen her, at the gig when Harry had tried to kiss him. Her hair was in loose curls, messily pinned up so that they were framing her face and her lips were painted a dark, dark red. Her dress was beautiful red checked smock dress, and the hem was skimming the tops of her thighs, and her feet were clad in classic, black Doc Martens.

“Do I look okay?” Daisy asked nervously, her now black-painted nails fiddling anxiously with the hem of the skirt.

“You look… you look fucking amazing Daisy.” Louis smiled, and he was nervous.

It was nice though. Here, he felt like things could go right. Daisy was beautiful, and funny, and kind; and Louis really liked her, Louis also liked the idea of dating her, and she was one of the most beautiful girls he had ever seen.

Harry.

God.

Harry was obviously just, just a fantasy, an enigma. Harry was never going to happen, and Louis wasn’t heartbroken because he had Daisy, and Daisy could happen. Fuck, he wanted Daisy to happen.

“You too.” Daisy replied, voice soft, pulling Louis out of his reverie, “Your shoes are cute.”

Louis blushed and wiggled his toes in his new Chelsea boots. Harry had persuaded him to order a pair before they had stopped speaking last month, when they had arrived Louis had shoved them to the back of his wardrobe because he had no occasion to wear shoes like that – but now felt like the time.

“s’Chinese food okay?” Louis asked, holding out his elbow for Daisy to link her arm with.

Daisy laughed as she looped her arm through Louis’ elbow, pulling her front door closed behind her, “Louis, oh my god, Chinese food is perfect.”

“I already know that it’s your favourite,” Louis pointed out as they walked down the road, the air clear and crisp, and Louis was glad that he had decided to walk Daisy the ten minutes to the restaurant, “I just felt like we should do this date thing all Hugh Grant, and I should be a proper gentleman.”

Daisy laughed again, and pressed a kiss to Louis’ cheek, “You’re such a nerd.”

“Is there lipstick on my cheek?”