5 - I Want To

AN - well this took a lot longer than planned! But I did at least get it up in time for wednesday!!! woo! I am sosososo sorry it took so long, but I was out all weekend so I had no time to write at the weekend AT A FESTIVAL TO SEE MY SWEET BABIES THE VAMPS AND OH GOD THEY WERE AMAZING AND YEAH OH MY GOD and I have had so much homework that my brain is literally hurting... tomorrow I have an exam that is worth 10% of my final grade and I am literally so nervous....

But at least I managed to get this up! WOOOOOOOO ahaha!

I really hope that you guys like this because it took me quite a long time, and I should be revising!!! whoopsie daisy (◕‿◕✿)(◕‿◕✿)(◕‿◕✿)

Looooooooooooooove you all, and I really hope that this is an okay chappie!

CONTENT WARNING: MILD LANGUAGE, REFERENCES TO HOMOPHOBIA AND HOMOPHOBIA PROMPTED BULLYING

“Where ya going?” Niall shouted through his mouthful of Liam’s resurrected burger.

“Just gonna go and talk to Louis.” Harry replied, already second guessing himself as he neared the table that was deserted except from the young boy sitting, eating his salad alone.

The walk went by too quickly, and no-one really paid attention to Harry as he wound his way through the tables towards Louis – because nobody knew his destination – and before Harry was truly ready, he was standing pigeon-toed besides Louis; Louis slowly putting his fork down and glancing up at Harry who stood next to his chair.

“Hi, my name’s Harry.” Harry said brightly, dumping his messenger bag onto the table next to Louis’ tray, and sliding into the chair next to the slightly quivering boy.

“Uh… hi?” Louis replied, not sure what else to do.

“Your name?” Harry asked confidently, looking at Louis with a smile and trying (failing) to dampen the smile slightly, so that he didn’t scare the poor lad.

“Louis…” Louis answered with confusion clear in his voice, he shook his head slightly, “Sorry to be rude, but why are you talking to me?”

Harry said, nerves suddenly coursing through his veins as he realised that maybe Louis wasn’t as upset as Harry would be if they swapped positions, “Well, I saw you sitting alone and I just thought I’d see if you wanted company, I can leave if you want…”

Louis looked around and took in the multiple pairs of eyes staring at Harry incredulously from around the room. Harry didn’t seem to notice at all, and if he did then he didn’t seem to care. Louis didn’t know what to make of it.

Louis didn’t know what to make of Harry at all really, because he was popular for godssake, and yet here he is, sitting next to Louis and smiling at him like it was completely normal. Plus, it didn’t really help that Louis’ couldn’t help but notice the way Harry’s school jumper was a bit tight around his shoulders and showed that he had most definitely hit puberty despite his unblemished skin and lack of stubble; nor could Louis help but notice that Harry most definitely smelt like man, and Louis pinched himself under the table before he could think about figuring out what cologne Harry was wearing by tasting the skin over his collarbones; and really, Louis had no idea what Harry was doing anywhere near him when Harry was so popular, Louis was so not-popular, and when Harry had a smile like the sun. Cheesy simile, but disconcertingly accurate.  

“No, it’s fine, stay – if you want. I was just surprised, no-one usually wants to sit with me at lunch, everyone knows I’m the school punching bag.” Louis shrugged, picking up his fork again and prodding a salad leaf as an excuse to avoid eye contact with the pretty boy sitting next to him.