17 - Pretty, Single Girls

AN - Hiya guys!! This was so close to not being written today, I am COMPLETELY swamped by revision and exams at the moment and a few things in my personal life, but it is here! I did it! Hooray!

I went to Wales last week, and nearly got poisoned by carbon monoxide when our boiler broke, and then nearly downed when we drove over a flooded river on a bridge legitimately sign posted 'weak bridge'. So yeah, I also nearly didn't update because I nearly died amongst the sheep in Wales. What a bag of fun.

I hope you like this chapter though! It feels a bit rushed to me, but who knows... I am so judgemental over my writing haha.

Also, I literally cannot believe that this is nearly at 35,000 reads!!!! THATS MENTAL?!?!?!? Also Back For You is nearly at 500,000 and I am literally in shock. Like. I literally cannot believe that this is my life????? What even is happening????? I am sosososososososososo grateful to you guys, for you dedication to reading my fics, and your votes, and your follows, and your INCREDIBLE comments and the odd private message or message posted on my wall like, you guys all literally are making me feel so privilaged and this is so fucking cheesy omg but yeah. I love you.

Love you ALL, my sweetums!! ALL OF YOU!! Yes, even you my silent readers!

CONTENT WARNING: underage drinking, mild language and veeeeeeeery mild sexual references if you squint

Louis had never really been to a proper party before.

He had been round a mate’s house for a birthday, and watched a few movies and ordered in a pizza. He had been to middle school discos and hung around the DJ with his friends and pretended they were at a club. He had been to family gatherings like weddings where his cousin would sneak him a coca-cola heavy vodka-and-coke. But he had never been to a proper party.

However, after Harry had stepped out of the bathroom dressed like, well, Louis didn’t even want to think about it in case he found himself daydreaming too much; Harry’s Mum had called them a taxi and tried to persuade Harry to change his plaid shirt to something with a hood because ‘It’s raining, love!’ but when the taxi arrived Louis had clambered in after Harry- still clad in his plaid-, and tried not to ogle his barely-there bum too obviously. They headed across town together giggling about Miley Cyrus and they picked rain drops that fell on the window and watched them race to the bottom, and Harry didn’t even mind when Louis not-so-sneakily changed his drop when he began to lose. Before Louis felt like he could blink, he was on the doorstep of an intimidating big house with Harry’s left hand resting around his shoulders, and he could already hear the music beating through the door.

“Don’t worry, Louis,” Harry said after tapping the large, brass knocker against the front door, “It’ll be fun!” he added, when he could feel Louis hadn’t relaxed.

Louis was about to question Harry, but the door flung open and he was hit with the stench of cheap alcohol, too loud music, and with the sight of Kate’s ex-boyfriend Jake who completely over-saw Louis, but seemed incredibly happy to see Harry, “Harry! So glad you made it!”

They both laughed as Louis and Harry stepped inside, but Louis didn’t get the joke, “Of course, mate! Wouldn’t miss it!” Louis was beginning to feel incredibly out of place, but Harry dropped his arm from his shoulders to around his waist, “I brought a mate, that okay?”

Jake nodded without even glancing at Louis, “S’not like there’s a shortage of room, yeah?”

Harry laughed again, but squeezed Louis’ hip as if to say, It’s okay, I don’t find him funny either.