34 - Now This Is The Moment

AN - GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSS IM BAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!! Omg okay I know I was supposed to update yesterday but OMG IM GLAD I WAITED BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE I WAS ON A ROLL TODAY!!! Most of this chapter might not make sense because I was typing so fast but OH WELL I am actually fairly pleased with this so I won't read it back otherwise I'll find lots of bits that make no sense because I was typing so fast and then I'd be sad haha.

ON A SIDE NOTE I WENT TO SPAIN AND DIDN'T EVEN TAN, MY SISTER IS THERE NOW AND HAS BEEN THERE FOR TWO DAYS AND SHE HAS TANNED SO MUCH AND LOOKS AMAZING WHY IS THIS HAPPENING ITS NOT FAIR I WAS IN MADRID FOR ONE OF MY DAYS THERE AND IT RAINED WTF

also.................... I HAVE THREE MASSIVE SCIENCE EXAMS NEXT WEEK WHICH IS WHY I DIDNT UPDATE YESTERDAY BECAYSE I WAS REVISING

PLS EXPLAIN TO ME WHY IM IN CAPITAL LETTERS

okay, I love you all so much my beautiful sweetums.... I hope you like this chapter ITS AN IMPORTANT ONE!!

ps. I'm annoyed with Louis for using a racial slur (its disgusting and ignorant and inexcusable and its pathetic that he just hasnt apologised) so lets not talk about it pls pls pls dont talk about it

Harry wasn’t usually one to obsess.

He was used to seeing girls in his school obsess over a celebrity; he was used to seeing the boys obsess over whatever football league they’re most invested in; he was used to seeing the old folk obsess over too-loud music and how antisocial teenagers are becoming; he’s used to seeing parents obsess over grades and manners and he’s used to seeing almost everyone obsess over sex.

Obsession is basically a common practice, but usually Harry is comfortable enough in himself to honestly say – “I don’t really obsess over things.”

However as Harry sat at his desk in the meeting he had to attend for his music theory class, fiddling with the black plait bracelet his Mum bought him for Christmas, his eyes were locked on the clock with such intensity that it could be argued that it was bordering on obsessive. He couldn’t help it, every time he tore his eyes away from the tick-tick-ticking movement of the clock hands and tried to focus on his teacher, he would find himself glancing back up at the clock only moments later.

He didn’t even know why he was so anxious for it to be the end of the meeting.

Well, he did know why, but he didn’t understand the fluttering in his stomach at the thought of seeing Louis after his rehearsal of his solo for his big showcase in two weeks in the Performing Arts centre.

Earlier that day, when Louis had sat with Harry, Niall and Liam for lunch despite the trauma that was surrounding Louis’ and Harry’s every interaction – Louis had mentioned having to stay back after school to rehearse his finale song for the showcase the drama students had the chance to be a part of, and seeing as Harry had to stay late too (for his meeting) he thought it would be nice to see Louis once the meeting was over.

Eventually, the teacher at the front waved the tired student out of the room. Harry grabbed his bag and shoved it quickly over his shoulder, smiling at the boy who was sat next to him he rushed out of the room. As he pushed through the double doors that led him out of the music hall, he wondered briefly if Louis would find it weird if he just turned up at his rehearsals, but when he turned the corner and could hear the music to Louis’ song he just stopped worrying because – god, Louis was in that room and Louis was just so great.

The piano was soft as Harry opened the doors to the drama studio, and he could see Louis sat alone by the stage, gently pressing keys and humming the tune to the song.